Author Topic: Who went for monza II's  (Read 4903 times)

Offline Gene Hunt.

• I live here
Re: Who went for monza II's
« Reply #10 on: 29 November 2009, 20:32 »
Neither. I think the 17 & 18" Monzas are fugly, so I opted out all together and got Interlagos.
........same here mate.Mine is a mk5 but not a fan of the Monza alloys(came on 17'' monza) so found a set of genuine Edition 30 alloys & got them.  :cool:
Candy White ED35.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #11 on: 30 November 2009, 00:14 »
Neither. I think the 17 & 18" Monzas are fugly, so I opted out all together and got Interlagos.

You got Interlagos cause the monzas are fugly ?  :laugh: Nothing like getting something even fuglier.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 30 November 2009, 01:33 »
There was a review of the GTi in the Sunday Herald - the car pictured was silver, with Monza Shadows.

The reviewer loved the car but was pretty rude about the appearance of the wheels.

Rolfe.

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 30 November 2009, 08:49 »
I love my Monza 2's they make the car for me.

Offline Spartacus

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 30 November 2009, 10:22 »
I have the Monza's and am very pleased with the way that they compliment the car.

They look the nuts and are very easy to clean.

I can see why people why would not like them though. They are quite agressive looking and very 'dark' unlike the normal alloy look.
Mk6 GTi - returned to leasing company after 3 great years and replaced with :

Mk5 GTi - Edition 30 - Revo 1 and some tweaks - 310 bhp. Its a better car than the Mk6  - Now sold and replaced with :

Mk6 R - Rising Blue 5 Door. Won't be standard 270bhp for long

Family Car : Mercedes ML420 with 360 bhp
Looking at Porsche Macan as replacement

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 30 November 2009, 12:27 »
i have the monza II 18's.  the car is totally ruined imo with the 17's - what's the point of having a lovely car if you're going to dress it with small alloys.  18's make the car!   :smiley:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 30 November 2009, 13:09 »
If I'd have ordered the car new I'd have specced 18s. I'm not patient enough to wait for a new car order so got a pre-reg'd one with as low a spec as I could find, which came with 17s.
I already had a set of 18s and have since bought another, so I have 3 sets with mine!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #17 on: 30 November 2009, 14:00 »
If I'd have ordered the car new I'd have specced 18s. I'm not patient enough to wait for a new car order so got a pre-reg'd one with as low a spec as I could find, which came with 17s.
I already had a set of 18s and have since bought another, so I have 3 sets with mine!

Greedy boy :wink:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 30 November 2009, 14:05 »

Greedy boy :wink:

I think I have some sort of mental disorder.....
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #19 on: 30 November 2009, 14:15 »

I think I have some sort of mental disorder.....
[/quote]

Ha ha ha, sense of humour too :laugh: :laugh:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.