Author Topic: Who has Dynaudio?  (Read 19586 times)

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
Re: Who has Dynaudio?
« Reply #10 on: 23 September 2009, 12:40 »
You're making me wish I'd got the Dynaudio too!  The thing is, unlike most people here, I actually didn't want the big colour screen on the console.

I was fiddling with the iPod connector on Saturday, while my cousin was in the car, and suggesting it might be fun to tour the town centre late in the evening with all the windows open and the "Judex crederis" from the Berlioz Te Deum blaring out at full volume....

Rolfe.

Offline DWGTI

• Not said much yet
  • 1996 GTI 16V
« Reply #11 on: 23 September 2009, 12:40 »
its a lovely car mate, you will love it - i can't believe how better it is to my mk5 GTI - and the dynaudio is the finishing touch!

Should be alot better than my current Mk3 GTI then  :smiley: . Still love the old girl though!(hope she didnt hear that) might not start!  :grin:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 23 September 2009, 12:42 »
You're making me wish I'd got the Dynaudio too!  The thing is, unlike most people here, I actually didn't want the big colour screen on the console.

I was fiddling with the iPod connector on Saturday, while my cousin was in the car, and suggesting it might be fun to tour the town centre late in the evening with all the windows open and the "Judex crederis" from the Berlioz Te Deum blaring out at full volume....

Rolfe.

that would be quite funny  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 23 September 2009, 12:42 »
its a lovely car mate, you will love it - i can't believe how better it is to my mk5 GTI - and the dynaudio is the finishing touch!

Should be alot better than my current Mk3 GTI then  :smiley: . Still love the old girl though!(hope she didnt hear that) might not start!  :grin:

what spec have you gone for?  when do you get it?!
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline DWGTI

• Not said much yet
  • 1996 GTI 16V
« Reply #14 on: 23 September 2009, 13:28 »
Havent even ordered it yet, still to test drive a DSG.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 23 September 2009, 13:44 »
go for manual  :wink:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Gazdebaz

• Here all the time
  • Lovin it.
« Reply #16 on: 23 September 2009, 13:46 »
Go for DSG  :wink:
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Winter Pack, Lux Pack, RCD510+dynaudio, Park Assist with Camera, Sunroof, Cruise, Mud Guards & FT indicator.

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 23 September 2009, 14:08 »
Has anyone tested the standard setup vs Dynaudio?

Although I've specced that latter, I must admit I'm a bit ignorant with the stereo side and most quality cars kinda sound the same to me.  OK, when you play it loud it does starting distorting a bit, but I don't have the stereo up load anyway.

Many years ago, when seperates were all the rage and you'd build your stereo with best in class units, I sat in a sound room to check out various options.  TBH, they all sounded very similar to me and in the end I just went for the units that had good reviews in the mags.
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 23 September 2009, 14:22 »
There isn't a huge difference between class units.  And nowadays, there's a lot of blatant nonsense surrounding high-end home audio, like little stickers you can put on your speakers or "treatments" for CDs to give them a better class of bits and bytes - homoeopathy for the audiophile.

However, nobody is going to pretend that a pocket tranny is going to sound as good as a Linn system, for example.  The big question is, is the difference between the 310, the 510 and the 510 with Dynaudio in the "pocket tranny vs. Linn" bracket, or in the pink stickers for your speakers bracket.  I suspect its somewhere in between actually - that there is a difference, but it may not be as enormous as we like to think.

Listening tests are very subjective, particularly if you can't switch instantly from one version to the other, and they're enormously affected by volume - we're all inclined to rate the louder sound as better irrespective of anything else.

I'm not disappointed by the 310, but I'd like a listen to the Dynaudio some day.

Rolfe.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 23 September 2009, 15:07 »
i have not listened to the "normal" stereo but i will say that there is a massive difference between the normal stereo on my mk 5 to the dynaudio on my mk 6.  its so noticeable that even my missus has commented on numerous occasions about it - and she has no interest in all that stuff.  put it this way, its like watching football on standard definition against high definition - when you're watching SD it looks good and you're happy; when you watch it in HD you realise how much better it is and you'll never go back!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018