Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 437836 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: LL's MK3 20VT [Back on the road!]
« Reply #1600 on: 07 October 2010, 09:36 »
Reference the boost pipes.

Have a read through of this thread: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167760.10

It might help.  :smiley:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1601 on: 07 October 2010, 09:56 »
Will have a read. Last time I just sanded them with some really rough stuff. Now they have been coated I have to do it again, I just forgot lol.

Thanks Wayne.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1602 on: 07 October 2010, 10:49 »
Ahh yes, bead the pipes. I don't run silly boost and I didn't have problem before. If they still pop off after I rough them up, then I shall bead them. 

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1603 on: 07 October 2010, 23:59 »
Tested the smoked headlight tint tonight. I used 50% tint and I think its a little dark, looks about right though. Will give 30% and 40% a go and see how the lighting improves. I much prefer the yellow lights for driving, but looking at the car the smoked tint looks better. Just need to order my HID's!

Dropped the car and it sits where I want it now! Splitter catches the floor everywhere :D :cool:

Will have a play with the tints and get some piccies up.

On other news, still having some running issues. Going to borrow a full set of working coilpacks to totally rule them out, a N75 valve, DV and if I still can't find the problem, then it must be the fuel pump. Save the fuel pump til last, cause its a c*nt to do.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1604 on: 08 October 2010, 00:10 »
Are smoked headlamps legal.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1605 on: 08 October 2010, 00:20 »

Not sure tbh. I think they need to let a fair amount of light through to be legal... Although, who would want headlights that don't shine light? Lol.

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #1606 on: 08 October 2010, 00:41 »
dont worry, they'll be legal enough

as long as they dont adversly affect beam pattern or massively reduce light output.

think about mk2 headlights on the standard looms... voltage drop at the headlights isnt illegal  :grin:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1607 on: 08 October 2010, 14:07 »
dont worry, they'll be legal enough

as long as they dont adversly affect beam pattern or massively reduce light output.

think about mk2 headlights on the standard looms... voltage drop at the headlights isnt illegal  :grin:
+1 I never got pulled for the victorian candles my white mk1 was running

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #1608 on: 08 October 2010, 16:38 »

I don't see why they wouldn't be, this is taken from the Lamin-X website:

The law/Mot hand book within the UK states that front primary lighting must produce a White or Yellow light. There is no documentation about the colour of the actual lens.

Our Clear/SubtleTint/GunSmoke/OpticBlue light protection films all produce a legal natural light colour, and our Yellow produces a Yellow tinted light which is of course perfectly legal within the UK.

None of our light protection films change/adjust the beam pattern or cause insufficient light output.

The Gunsmoke is what I used on my fogs and is pretty dark, and that is ok. I think the tint would have to be pretty severe to be illegal tbh.

Offline Jimp

• I live here
« Reply #1609 on: 08 October 2010, 17:48 »
I'm not sure does the MOT fail for poor light output but your lenses would need to be basically painted black to fail on light output over here. Besides that, Hellas give great light output so I wouldn't worry.
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3