Author Topic: Edition 30 build plaque Number ...What number do you own!  (Read 172968 times)

Offline Stiggy

• GTI forum regular
Re: Edition 30 build plaque Number ...What number do you own!
« Reply #60 on: 12 December 2008, 11:48 »
oh, and the car was ordered in the beginning of November (2006), was on our shores by beginning of Jan 2007 (i think) and waited till Marchto take it away (oh the wait...bringing back bad memories!)

Thats exactly when I ordered mine... the first one that is, which I sold back to a dealer.  Interested to see what number you get.  Also I don't see VW can only produce 500 plaques - maybe the guy meant 1500 but even then there are people here with plaques above that number.  My 57 plate Ed 30 is 1085 so I can see how they've only got 500 plaques.

Yes, i'm interested to see what i get as well.  I was told by my dealer that my car would be one of the first in the country, as i placed a deposit on the car back in July/August 2006 as soon as the first details came to the dealership.  That may have been a sales gimmic though.
ED30 gti 5dr pearlescent black with DSG, xenons, bluetooth, tinted windows, ipod, rear parking sensors, highline....and a huge grin!

Offline Russ.C

• I live here
« Reply #61 on: 12 December 2008, 12:07 »
just had a call from some lady at VW customer services saying that the dealer has ordered the plaque for me and they will contact me when it arrives there.  Strange considering most of you seem to have recieved them by post.  :huh:
GTI Edition 30, 3Dr, Manual, Black Pearl, Xenons, Ipod, Highline, Rear Tints & Superchips Bluefin ;)

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #62 on: 12 December 2008, 12:08 »
oh, and the car was ordered in the beginning of November (2006), was on our shores by beginning of Jan 2007 (i think) and waited till Marchto take it away (oh the wait...bringing back bad memories!)

Thats exactly when I ordered mine... the first one that is, which I sold back to a dealer.  Interested to see what number you get.  Also I don't see VW can only produce 500 plaques - maybe the guy meant 1500 but even then there are people here with plaques above that number.  My 57 plate Ed 30 is 1085 so I can see how they've only got 500 plaques.

Yes, i'm interested to see what i get as well.  I was told by my dealer that my car would be one of the first in the country, as i placed a deposit on the car back in July/August 2006 as soon as the first details came to the dealership.  That may have been a sales gimmic though.

Maybe.  I gave my deposit in a couple of days before the press release for the edition 30 in Sept/Oct sometime.  
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline candy turbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #63 on: 14 December 2008, 13:58 »
mine was one of the press release cars , reg in dec 06  and i only got no  0069 , has any one got a lower number yet ????
clubsport S no 215

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #64 on: 14 December 2008, 15:18 »
still waiting for mine, mine could be lower.

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #65 on: 17 December 2008, 14:31 »
Received My letter from vw today!!!!!!!!!!!!, at long last, my plaque is on its way :smiley:

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #66 on: 18 December 2008, 02:39 »
Received My letter from vw today!!!!!!!!!!!!, at long last, my plaque is on its way :smiley:

Interested to see what your number will be  :nerd:
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #67 on: 18 December 2008, 07:00 »
im pretty sure it will an early one, as it was a showroom dealer demo.

Offline Golfgirl

• Here all the time
« Reply #68 on: 23 December 2008, 23:01 »
Had a call from my dealer on Saturday saying that they have received a bulletin from VW about the plaques and gave me the number to call and saying that they will be sent out registered post.

Offline garethmk1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #69 on: 04 January 2009, 22:06 »
Any updates for the rest of you guys ? Strange that I got mine so fast since it was only registere in June 08 and that it's such a late number 2101.  However I did pester VW UK with the plaque for a while and my details were submitted in the forum letter to VWCS. Even stranger though after thinking about it is ... when I ordered the car on 1st June 2008, I ordered it from existing VAG stock in the UK.  I really wanted a candy white one - but there was only one left which was a car with every single extra which was a bit out of my acceptable price range.  I was also told that by this time wolfsburg had stopped taking factory orders - but ... since mine is 2101 that means there must have been 199 cars made after mine - I find it hard to believe as showing on the VW database when I bought my car were only another 9 ED30's in the UK, no grey, no white.

Hope you get them soon,

Gareth
<br />Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest

Mk1 Golf GTi 16v, Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .....