Author Topic: Edition 30 build plaque Number ...What number do you own!  (Read 172799 times)

Offline ifti

• I live here
Re: Edition 30 build plaque Number ...What number do you own!
« Reply #200 on: 20 January 2010, 11:27 »
Still waiting for mine.
Been almost 10 months now of chasing the useless idiots.
Rang again yesterday and was told the backlog is being cleared and I should get mine in the next 2 weeks - if not I need to ring back again!
I wont be holding my breath.

Im just damn glad the number is free to call!

Offline tonker3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #201 on: 28 January 2010, 22:25 »
Ditto.
Only I've been waiting 15 months! Original letter from VW in Oct 08. Phone calls, e-mails etc. Then in Oct 09 they sent me the same letter as Oct 08 requesting confirmation of car and my details.
Absolute Jokers. Probably get my plaque when I've traded the car!!
« Last Edit: 10 February 2010, 11:29 by tonker3 »

Offline Mr. Indecisive

• Not said much yet
  • Temporary userlolname.
« Reply #202 on: 02 February 2010, 21:14 »
how do i find out what build number mine is ?

cheers neal     
5dr red ed30, parking sensors, xenons, winter pack, mfsw, sat nav, highline mfd, rear tints

Offline Makaveli

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #203 on: 03 February 2010, 05:07 »
You need to call 08000833914 and ask them if a plaque has been sent to you yet or not.

Offline Mr. Indecisive

• Not said much yet
  • Temporary userlolname.
« Reply #204 on: 03 February 2010, 16:58 »
cheers will give them a call  :smiley:
5dr red ed30, parking sensors, xenons, winter pack, mfsw, sat nav, highline mfd, rear tints

Offline RobGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #205 on: 09 February 2010, 21:56 »
Been waiting 5 months for mine, at least 1 or 2 calls a month. Phoned yesterday and the person dealing with plaques is "Jane Richardson" she was supposed to call me back with an update in 24 hrs. Guess what it didn't happen.

Can you request the customer feedback survey from somewhere seems like that may help??
Edition 30, Black, 3 dr, Manual, Xenons, Highline, Sunroof, Armrest, Cruise, Touchscreen Nav & Bluetooth.

Offline Makaveli

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #206 on: 10 February 2010, 10:41 »
Only reason I think I was on the feedback survey was cos I had just put the car in for a service and may have just been one of the 'lucky' one's that was selected for a random feedback survey. 

The wifie was a bit shocked when I let loose with my rant about the plaques as she was wanting to ask me about the service!!!

Offline Evoss

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #207 on: 17 February 2010, 21:55 »
wtf is a Edition 30 build plaque Number?

Offline ifti

• I live here
« Reply #208 on: 22 February 2010, 13:58 »
Still waiting for mine.
Been almost 10 months now of chasing the useless idiots.
Rang again yesterday and was told the backlog is being cleared and I should get mine in the next 2 weeks - if not I need to ring back again!
I wont be holding my breath.

Im just damn glad the number is free to call!

I am STILL waiting for my Plaque.
Its almost a year now.
Apparently my Plaque had been ordered, but has now [conveniently] become 1 of 6 plaques lost in dispatch?!!
I mean seriously, WTF??
I have been told they will be contacting Milton Keynes to find out when and if the plaque has been dispatched. If it has been lost, it will take another 6-8 weeks to re-order another??

Seriously? Is this some kind of fcuking joke??? Its been almost a year now, and I'm fed more and more bulls**t.

Ive even spoken to the manager, who doesnt even bother ringing me back, after numerous messages being left for her to ring back.

This is the worst customer service I have received from any car company. Its a metal plaque for God sake, why does it take a year??

To me now, its not even the plaque. Its a matter of principle to me!! I WILL GET IT!

Offline ifti

• I live here
« Reply #209 on: 22 February 2010, 13:59 »
Been waiting 5 months for mine, at least 1 or 2 calls a month. Phoned yesterday and the person dealing with plaques is "Jane Richardson" she was supposed to call me back with an update in 24 hrs. Guess what it didn't happen.

Can you request the customer feedback survey from somewhere seems like that may help??

Jane Richardson is the person dealing with mine as well mate.  NEVER rings back when she promises to.
Good luck mate. See my above post!