Author Topic: Build delays  (Read 3549 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: Build delays
« Reply #10 on: 22 October 2013, 13:35 »
Now see if you had joined this forum a few months ago you would have known all about these issues  :wink:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=258296.0

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=256797.0

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #11 on: 22 October 2013, 13:38 »
The ONLY excuse I've heard that I actually think might be accurate is when someone on here was told that VWUK f**ked up and pushed ahead with the release despite being told by Germany that they factory was not ready to build UK spec cars.  They proceeded anyway and everything that has happened since is a result of their f**ked up timetable which was causing delays even before they had more orders than expected or hailstorms or anything.

Its not really an excuse, more of an admission that they made a huge mistake.  Perhaps that's why I believe it.  Everything else they say is a "its not really our fault" kind of statement.

Offline mistertee

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 22 October 2013, 13:46 »
I spoke to my dealership yesterday and they are about 1 week behind, mine is BW 44, so he expects BW 45 in reality.

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #13 on: 22 October 2013, 13:58 »
I spoke to my dealership yesterday and they are about 1 week behind, mine is BW 44, so he expects BW 45 in reality.

One week my ar$e - that's bull mate - mine went into build 22nd September and is still there
That makes mine 1 whole month late ----- so far!

Hopefully they will have caught up for yours
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline columbo

• Just got here
« Reply #14 on: 22 October 2013, 22:26 »
I reckon bill the bear is definitely right ! My missus ordered one on the 15th of May, standard spec, initially told end of August - phoned up end of August to see where it was then told early December. I think it's a case of believing it when we see it. To be honest we have lost interest in it now - if it turns up all well and good. I know one thing, I'd never order a new car again after this, best just buying an ex demo or find one that's already been built :angry:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 23 October 2013, 20:13 »
The ONLY excuse I've heard that I actually think might be accurate is when someone on here was told that VWUK f**ked up and pushed ahead with the release despite being told by Germany that they factory was not ready to build UK spec cars.  They proceeded anyway and everything that has happened since is a result of their f**ked up timetable which was causing delays even before they had more orders than expected or hailstorms or anything.

Its not really an excuse, more of an admission that they made a huge mistake.  Perhaps that's why I believe it.  Everything else they say is a "its not really our fault" kind of statement.

This is the reason. Everything else you hear is b0llocks. In summary, VW UK Marketing rushed the launch even after being told by VW Germany that the factory was not ready to accept & build orders.  I have it on very good authority this is the one & only reason why all our cars are/were delayed. 
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....