Author Topic: Remove Kickdown with the DSG i manual mode?!  (Read 8174 times)

Offline Wide

• I live here
Remove Kickdown with the DSG i manual mode?!
« on: 14 September 2017, 09:51 »
This is the most annoying with the automatic box. I want to be able to stay at 2an and gas full without the car shifting completely hysterically to 1an.

Many who made a DSG flash to get rid of this feature in the manual mode?

This should also be done with the VCD or OBDEleven, anyone who dared it ?!  :whistle:
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
Re: Remove Kickdown with the DSG i manual mode?!
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2017, 10:39 »
This is the most annoying with the automatic box. I want to be able to stay at 2an and gas full without the car shifting completely hysterically to 1an.

Many who made a DSG flash to get rid of this feature in the manual mode?

This should also be done with the VCD or OBDEleven, anyone who dared it ?!  :whistle:

At least on the DSG6 in MK7 it is not possible to remove kick-down without a DSG flash. I can get 4th to 3rd or 2nd kickdowns from the box but 2nd to 1st it has never happened and it should not happen anyway. 1st is only for setting off and the box knows it, very weird if the DSG7 does that. I very rarely get automatic kick-downs anyway as I usually shift to the right gear myself without waiting for the box.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 14 September 2017, 12:31 »
Do you mean with the dsg in manual mode (stick pushed to the left) your in 2nd , flooring it and the dsg in kicking down to 1st?
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 14 September 2017, 13:22 »
Is there not a kickdown "notch" on the pedal travel? There certainly used to be, so you could go 100% of travel then push further to get kick down.
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 14 September 2017, 14:26 »
Is there not a kickdown "notch" on the pedal travel? There certainly used to be, so you could go 100% of travel then push further to get kick down.
Yes there is. It takes a reasonable effort to go past the notch and is noticeable, if you don't go past then the box stays in the selected gear.
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 14 September 2017, 15:38 »
Do you mean with the dsg in manual mode (stick pushed to the left) your in 2nd , flooring it and the dsg in kicking down to 1st?

Yes!  :angry:
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 14 September 2017, 16:40 »

With the stick to the left, mine won't change up or down when driving, but it does shift to first if you stop without shifting down, but then won't shift back up through the box.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 14 September 2017, 17:09 »
With the stick to the left, mine won't change up or down when driving, but it does shift to first if you stop without shifting down, but then won't shift back up through the box.

It should change if you go to the limiter to protect itself and also if you are in to high a gear it should shift down.

Interesting from the comments above, mine will kick down without pressing all the way down to the limit switch.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 14 September 2017, 20:29 »

It should change if you go to the limiter to protect itself and also if you are in to high a gear it should shift down.

Interesting from the comments above, mine will kick down without pressing all the way down to the limit switch.

Yeah I haven't pushed it that hard as yet.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 14 September 2017, 21:09 »

[/quote

When mine is in manual it will only shift down if the revs drop down too low eg coming to a stop and then auto shifting up at red line.

No kick down in manual mode in my 7.5 just been out to try it
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack