Author Topic: Few Questions about my mk6 GTD and tuning it up/styling...  (Read 5146 times)

Offline Rick “TOG” GTD

• Just got here
Hi Folks, had my 2010 GTD for about 15 months now and looking to do a few bits to it now. I previously have had a mk2 Focus ST running about 340bhp which was great fun but I got bored of keep blowing the engine up and living with 16mpg. I was quite well known in the Ford circles with my ST so if there are any blue oval deserters hiding amongst you guys get in touch, we may know each other haha!

I love my GTD and its been faultless since I bought it but I have a few questions/ideas about what is standard and what I can do to it;

1) My Xenon headlights are on all the time, even when I turn the switch to Off, the only time they go off is if I just switch them to sidelights, is this normal or do I have a problem with a sensor perhaps?

2) I have the 510 stereo and under the Media option it says it allows BT Audio Streaming, but no matter what phone I connect it doesn’t allow me to select it, is this right?

3) I am pretty set on getting the Revo Stage 2 from PSI Tuning, they reckon that with the DPF removal I should see about 230bhp, sounds fantastic but is that an accurate figure? Should I be considering a different remap/tuning company?

4) I want to fit the Golf R LED rear lights, where is the best place to buy from (reputable and decent quality) complete with the wiring harness’ and would it bring on any error lights, if it does are they easy to get rid of or do I need VagCom to clear?

5) Is it worth putting a panel filter in, and if so which one is best, K&N Pipercross or Green Cotton?

Sorry for all the questions, I have tried searching the net but can’t seem to find any real answers to my questions.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: Few Questions about my mk6 GTD and tuning it up/styling...
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2014, 22:11 »
Hi Folks, had my 2010 GTD for about 15 months now and looking to do a few bits to it now. I previously have had a mk2 Focus ST running about 340bhp which was great fun but I got bored of keep blowing the engine up and living with 16mpg. I was quite well known in the Ford circles with my ST so if there are any blue oval deserters hiding amongst you guys get in touch, we may know each other haha!

I love my GTD and its been faultless since I bought it but I have a few questions/ideas about what is standard and what I can do to it;

1) My Xenon headlights are on all the time, even when I turn the switch to Off, the only time they go off is if I just switch them to sidelights, is this normal or do I have a problem with a sensor perhaps?
Not sure cant help here no Xenons

2) I have the 510 stereo and under the Media option it says it allows BT Audio Streaming, but no matter what phone I connect it doesn’t allow me to select it, is this right?
Do you have hands free it will only work if you have that.

3) I am pretty set on getting the Revo Stage 2 from PSI Tuning, they reckon that with the DPF removal I should see about 230bhp, sounds fantastic but is that an accurate figure? Should I be considering a different remap/tuning company?
Beaware that removal of the DPF should fail an MOT now as they introduced checking for them in Feb 2014, also insurance will be void unless unformed as its illegal to have it removed (so I hear)

4) I want to fit the Golf R LED rear lights, where is the best place to buy from (reputable and decent quality) complete with the wiring harness’ and would it bring on any error lights, if it does are they easy to get rid of or do I need VagCom to clear?
Best bet is probably used from a member or ebay and they usually come from the wiring harnesses.

5) Is it worth putting a panel filter in, and if so which one is best, K&N Pipercross or Green Cotton?
No idea.

Sorry for all the questions, I have tried searching the net but can’t seem to find any real answers to my questions.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2014, 00:01 »

If your xenons are the early versions (the ones without the LED 'fairy light' DRL's), then the dipped beam headlights are your DRL's, so will be on permanently.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2014, 05:51 »
Try Carsystems pl. for your tail lights they're OEM and they do a harness which makes them error free. 230bhp is i think pretty much it for the stage 2 tune. As for an accurate figure you'd have to get Dyno'd. I wonder about that wrist watch i bought out of the papers a long time ago it's said to be accurate within a second in a million years!!! i'm going to complain if it aint! :smiley:
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2014, 01:35 »
been looking everywhere for maps and dyno figures. a dpf delete and revo map will see 220, depending on the car, mileage and engine of course, I wouldn't want to push the turbo too much as it's not very big and EGT's can get high.

MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust

Offline epsamm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2014, 05:47 »
P torque claim 230bhp/350lbft with there map and dpf delete