Author Topic: Oil Leak!!!  (Read 17351 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Oil Leak!!!
« on: 07 October 2012, 16:13 »
Just spotted an oil leak, it looks like its coming from the underside of the black box on the (throttle body?)

Black box arrowed.

Arrow 1: Looks like where the leak is coming from
Arrow 2: Is getting wet because of it.

Just coming up to 45,000 miles on the clock and this looks like it could be the first fault.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: Oil Leak!!!
« Reply #1 on: 11 October 2012, 23:47 »
Hope you get it sorted pal...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2012, 22:49 »
Booked in Tuesday 30th of October for the oil leak and the rusty boot struts to be looked at.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2012, 09:01 »
Looks like an egr valve from the pics, I'll take a look at mine when I see it (one of my lads has been using it fir months now) to see if mine is leaking too  :rolleyes:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2012, 22:46 »
Will be interesting to see what they say, I believe the seal is gone between the EGR and the throttle valve. 45,000 miles, is yours anywhere near that mileage wise? I believe its actually running down this bit.

« Last Edit: 24 October 2012, 22:53 by ajmoir36 »

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2012, 22:57 »
The annoying thing with oil is it could be seeping from just about anywhere close to/above that area. Obviously eve makes sense being a diesel and all, but just have a really good check around and above just to rule anything else out as it could just be collecting there

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #6 on: 24 October 2012, 23:47 »
31k ish and counting

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 30 October 2012, 20:21 »
The GTD is in for repair now just have to wait and see.  Got a 1.2TSI 105bhp Design New shaped Beetle with a 7 speed DSG which is ok. What I do like is the Fender sound system hooked up to the RCD510, fortunatly I pulled the flash drive from mine before it went in and and was cranking the stereo for the 45 min journey home.  It certainly gives the Dynaudio a run for its money. I have a feeling that the Fender is better....  So I hope the mk7 has fender as an option.  I found out when I got home there is a box in the boot that is Fender BassMax, it did sound good.  Will try and take pictures tomorrow and post them.  42 mpg so far and that included some Sport Mode foot to the floor off the line action.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 30 October 2012, 20:45 »
^^

Did they say how long they might have the car for?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 30 October 2012, 22:03 »
Maybe get it back tomorrow, I think based on the photos they had already got a new EGR valve in.