Author Topic: Hire Car 1.6TDI Bluemotion  (Read 12549 times)

Offline ScottA

• I live here
Re: Hire Car 1.6TDI Bluemotion
« Reply #10 on: 14 August 2012, 00:47 »
I think its a genuine bluemotion any way to tell?, its a 1.6 rather than a 2.0 (140).

The "hardcore" bluemotion I have been driving the last two days. It is a very basic trim based on the s spec so plastic steering wheel is the big give away and no rear electric windows........no spare wheel as well.

So basically you might as well just catch the bus or better yet, walk

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 14 August 2012, 07:09 »
Same here, just took some photos spill post them on my return.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 14 August 2012, 07:11 »
I think its a genuine bluemotion any way to tell?, its a 1.6 rather than a 2.0 (140).

As Lee calls it, the "hardcore" Bluemotion has a  body kit, flush grille and tiny 15" wheels. It also has Blumotion badges front and rear.

If it was based on a Match, rather than an S, I think it would do better. With a set of retro fitted 17-18" wheels, it would look a really nice car, but I guess that's missing the point.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 14 August 2012, 10:46 »
Is it sad to want to do a test between a warmed up GTD and bluemotion on a run matching acceleration, speed and distance?!?!?!?

:rolleyes:
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 14 August 2012, 12:23 »

As Lee calls it, the "hardcore" Bluemotion has a  body kit, flush grille and tiny 15" wheels. It also has Blumotion badges front and rear.

If it was based on a Match, rather than an S, I think it would do better. With a set of retro fitted 17-18" wheels, it would look a really nice car, but I guess that's missing the point.

It's the same kit the ED35 wears so its going to look great with the bigger wheels, as you say though probably undoes some of the mpg gained.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 14 August 2012, 12:27 »

It's the same kit the ED35 wears so its going to look great with the bigger wheels, as you say though probably undoes some of the mpg gained.

Not a massive difference tho'. It would still be free to tax.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 14 August 2012, 18:14 »
What you have been waiting for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOiTFUqu0wY&feature=youtube_gdata_player 75mpg peaked at 76mpg and got the total range to 910 miles. Its reasonably perky too. Although tried to keep it between  60-70 MPH.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 15 August 2012, 21:34 »

Right back now and the Bluemotion is outside awaiting collection. http://youtu.be/xEDxTeJXmV0 I didn't do so well on the way back, but I will let you make assumptions about the speed.  Exactly the same journey on the way back 58.1mpg.  Overall mpg 64.4mpg for 234 miles, quite impressed.  The GTD would never have managed that MPG on the distance without some extremly economical driving, which it wasn't on the way back. To say the least the 5 speed box does 85 in 3rd gear on a private runway. 

Apart from the plastic steering wheel the cheap RCD210 with two speakers and two tweeters (none in the rear), no rear electric windows, good seats very comfortable. I actually was quite impressed, it pulls quite well and left a few motors on the lights/roundabouts with ease, in gear acceleration (3rd/4th) is good, don't get me wrong its no GTD and so poor gear pull in 5th at motorway speeds especially on a hill (too used the to the GTD's foot down off we go, regardless of hill angle).  But quite drivable, better than a 1.6 TDCI focus (well felt that way). When the mark 7 arrives? who knows.
« Last Edit: 15 August 2012, 21:51 by ajmoir36 »

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 16 August 2012, 06:50 »
Love the cackle mate.  How would you rate your driving on that run.

1=Sunday Driving Granny
5=Up Vettel's Chuff primed for overtaking.
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 16 August 2012, 09:11 »
That don't look half bad!!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather