Author Topic: Sams Scruffy Mk3!  (Read 99329 times)

Offline Leroy

• Here all the time
  • Golf GTI Anniversary 16v
Re: Sams Scruffy Mk3!
« Reply #420 on: 12 March 2013, 12:44 »
Love it, great job! love the blue against the white, shame the white shows the rust off though on that front arch. The black grille and lights look great.  :cool:

Offline rcsammy

• Here all the time
« Reply #421 on: 12 March 2013, 18:03 »
thanks :) yup im happy with the stance and happy with the wheels now so its mostly just a case of sorting the rust out and making it all the same shade of white!

i've got that smoothed bumper at home still too  :grin: it just needs a little more work on the swage line and then will be ready to paint... im not even sure i want to run it!

Offline murraymint

• I live here
« Reply #422 on: 12 March 2013, 19:20 »
Loving the black smoke  8) . Looking good as always!
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline rcsammy

• Here all the time
« Reply #423 on: 07 April 2013, 18:38 »
little update, tried to go a touch lower on the front last weekend and the chassis leg sat on the driveshaft on the drivers side... i wasnt aware that it was that close, but after raising it up the CV joints are still noisy so i think its not done them a lot of good!

undecided whether to notch it or keep it at this height

went home for easter and found the old bumper i was smoothing, it had been sat around so long it was covered in mould. so i quickly finished it off to a reasonable standard and gave i a quick blast of white primer and stuck it on the car to see how it looked... im not sure i actually want to run it... its either this or standard bumper with colour coded foglight vents

opinions please!

aaand a pic from the slambox meet last weekend

and up the farm with the old car

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #424 on: 07 April 2013, 22:08 »
Smoothed...
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #425 on: 07 April 2013, 22:24 »
I prefer it with the indicators in this instance.

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #426 on: 08 April 2013, 08:21 »
I thought I would have liked it better with the smooth bumper, but I actually prefer the front end exactly as it is in that last pic! Great work though, the bumper looks really well done :)

Offline Junior74

• Here all the time
« Reply #427 on: 09 April 2013, 23:26 »
Definitely with the indicators...

Offline rcsammy

• Here all the time
« Reply #428 on: 21 April 2013, 19:17 »
i forgot to take the smoothed bumper off before i went back to uni haha so im driving around with an unfinished bumper atm

I changed the drivers side wheel bearing last week, the passenger side was done about a month ago, the car drives and sounds sooo much better now.

the race inside the bearing had actually broken up and disappeared, my wheel was caked in grease, dirt and rubbish from the bearing and there was almost an inch of play in it, anyone who has me on facebook will have seen the video.

while it was up in the air i noticed my sump had taken a few knocks and scrapes, so i may have to weld some plates on that next time im back home

I also decided to grind off a couple of bad rust spots on the drivers door, then i found more and more tiny rust scabs and ended up respraying most of the lower door, its still in primer at the moment

it took me waaaay longer to sort than it should have, after a lot of filling, sanding, painting and sanding im reasonably happy with it

aaand some random pics

mucking about in a car park

Early Edition

SumpScrapers charity meet

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #429 on: 24 April 2013, 09:39 »
Looking good man, and bang up job On the Lower door :)