Author Topic: A bellends MK3 1.6 Golf. Mystic Blue 3door - Recaro's or BBS RX-II's?  (Read 70446 times)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Nah I just got the one.  :grin:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Bellend

• I live here
So after an arsehole long day mainly due to the fact I cannot find an 18mm socket, I now have a decent plate welded onto my downpipe.

The manifold had an extremely strange "growth" on it like a big mountain of some hardbmaterial. No idea what it was but wasn't original and the head and gasket was fine so no idea what it's been reacting with. Manifold also had slight pitting but since it was all straight and funds are a bit tight I filled it with weld and chemical metal and all is good. It wouldn't have blown anyway. I would just buy a manifold but this engine isn't staying in one way or another. Practised Arc welding. :) plus my dad did most of it so it actually welded. :D

Also properly welded a 55mm adapter on the end. Well supposedly 55. Think the grinder will be coming out. Modified the bumper slides up front. Got rid of the stupid clips and placed bolts inside. Bumpers ready for paint. Tomorrow gotta put the rest of the exhaust on, change the wing support and track rod ends as they are knackered and it's making the car change lanes by itself. :grin:

Then next week order CV boots inner and outer and a rocketlr gasket from TPS.

Also wanting to get a wire wheel on a grinder and wipe out the surface rust where the underseal has come off underneath and then really underseal.

Also the sills are squashed so sort them and wont be using the ramp at work anymore.

Offline Bellend

• I live here

:cry:

Thanks to a lorry shedding it's load.

Luckily two days previous I had purchased:

Badman tings. Needs a thermostat.

Anyway.

Then I bought this:

My mum was not too amused since we're literally on the verge of moving. Apparenly I've had too many cars.

I've only had 8.  :rolleyes: Plus I've made no losses on any except technically my 1.6 but I'm not selling that.

More importantly though is the ABF:

It pulls like a train. Plus at three figure speed average, I stuck 20 quid in and compared to the 1.6 used half the fuel at the same speed.

Win.

Car I'm not too interested in. Will be breaking it. I'll be having the wings and possibly the bonnet etc but not too fussed TBH. So if anyone wants any bits please let me know.

This time the engine will be going in though as the 1.6 is half out already! Plus Kells has informed me it has the later pedal box so that's a HUGE ballache out the way!

Any ideas how to get this spotless:

Not too sure on the colour scheme I want yet!
« Last Edit: 13 March 2012, 17:41 by Bellend »

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
Dishwasher and a machine polisher!

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Dishwasher and a machine polisher!

? :huh:

Offline Seanl

• I live here
Dishwasher to get it clean, and machine polisher to polish it up. Takes a long time to get it all nice and shiny tbh, why not just paint the thing, and polish the raised part with different coloured lettering  :wink:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Aha fair enough.

Yeah was thinking that cheers. Seen a few black/red combo's which look pretty good.  :wink:

Offline Seanl

• I live here
Just like mine.  :smug: :grin:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
Every cloud has a silver lining...

:cool:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Just to update, has all body panels the same colour and has colour coded bumpers.

Am repairing my bumper and will respray the car at some point.

Unfortunately, the ABF is sold and the car is coming off the road. Really need a work car so hopefully a 1.9TDI MK3 estate soon to be carbon wrapped, GTI brakes and interior, sign writted, kitted out at the back and left alone.

Then can just focus on this as it used to be such a cracking little car and is now a heap engine wise.