Author Topic: ..EDITION 30..GOLF GTI MKV..SUBARU IMPREZA WRX..  (Read 2841 times)

Offline ed30

• Not said much yet
..EDITION 30..GOLF GTI MKV..SUBARU IMPREZA WRX..
« on: 02 June 2007, 14:12 »
 Hi there ,
newish to this forum,how about this for a comparison test.
recently purchased a new edition 30, 5 door silver ,manual,we have very carefuly placed 1500miles on clock so just about ready to be driven as it should,previous car was a 55 plate golf gti,part exd for the ed 30,previous to that was a 2003 year impreza wrx....
if you wish me to write an article on these three cars ie comparison test bottom end mid top end i will oblige..you may be surprised with my views..
cheers for now..
ed30.

please bear with me for a few days and i will make this report as interesting as possible,i think my own conclusions may be not what you expect,
thanks
« Last Edit: 02 June 2007, 15:09 by ed30 »

Offline illyun

• I live here
Re: new edition 30,golfgti mkv,imprezawrx
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2007, 14:52 »
please do... waiting in anticipation.
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Peskarik

Re: ..EDITION 30..GOLF GTI MKV..SUBARU IMPREZA WRX..
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2007, 15:13 »
yep, do it! I'm very much interested in your view. Compare all three cars as objectively as possible.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2007, 17:07 »
It's always good to hear a new view on cars which someone has comparisons for :smiley:

Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline ed30

• Not said much yet
SUBARU IMPREZA...VW GOLF GTI..EDITION 30..
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2007, 15:28 »
Hello again,
as promised ill report on these vehicles for you,
just a quick intro im 44 years old slightly matured with a lovely wife and two youngsters strapped in the back seat,and hail from the carmarthenshire coastline.

Ill concetrate on the scooby first ,this one was purchased in 2003 it was the post bug eyed
facelift version 220ish bhp traction to die for, the rest you know,excellent build quality poor plastic drab interior,poor consumption 23.24mpg,but dated engine technology from the early ninties thats been evolved to date,however an iconic car,sadly destroyed by cheap imports and clowns driving early examples.
this scooby was sold to my close friend,who is not a clown,and we purchased a Oct 2005 golf gti manual 5 door from Sinclair Neyland Pembs.
what a superb chassis on tight welsh roads that suspension was very forgiving slight oversteer but controlable,with excellent braking under pressure.i felt with the Subaru you were fighting with the understeer and its uncompromising hard suspension had a negative factor.the golf urged you further but at all times,you were in control..
you put this down to modern technology as with the scoobys now dated underpinnings however the traction out of a tight bend in 2nd gear is its charm the golf is at a disadvantage due to front wheel drive,but mid range top end goes the other way the flexible tfsi engine holds its own,upper mid range to top end speed ie 4thgear 4200revs on the scooby cannot match,down to transmission and engine design.i will come back to you with a very interesting test we did with my old scooby and the gti,but due to maximum words allowed i cannot fit in thic column the golfs fuel consuption averaged 32.34mpg slightly down on expected we sustained numerous teething problems ie faulty synchro,oil leak,internal rattles,but all cured the interior build quality in plastics are down in my opinion to previous golfs,but that chassis and superb tfsi made up these factors,
will report soon on that scooby gti test and my thoughts on the ed30, hope this will be of intrest....
best wishessorry about some of my spelling i have a four year old boy in the room at the same time...
« Last Edit: 04 June 2007, 16:51 by ed30 »

Offline Creepy Coupe

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 04 June 2007, 15:43 »
Nice one ED30, I look forwards to your next installment. :smiley:

Offline TagnuT

• I live here
  • Edition 30
« Reply #6 on: 04 June 2007, 16:54 »
Nice one keep it coming.
Fond memories of taking a subaru impreza catalunya for a test drive in the Peak District. :rolleyes:
Bye Bye Edition 30

Offline Simonet

• Here all the time
  • Pearl Black GTI ED30
« Reply #7 on: 04 June 2007, 16:58 »
come on come on.....he's four and can fend for himself  :wink:

Offline Creepy Coupe

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 04 June 2007, 17:15 »
come on come on.....he's four and can fend for himself  :wink:

:huh:

Offline ed30

• Not said much yet
SECOND PART OF MY SCOOBY GTI TRILOGY
« Reply #9 on: 04 June 2007, 17:41 »
here goes again,im looking after the kids teacher training day yet again,back at work tomorrow so wont have time...
SUBARU GOLF TEST..
===============
LAST YEAR early autumn early evening,roads quiet,no danger good visibility,my friend in scooby that he purchased Oct 2005 from me,myself in the golf gti,both vehicles standard no mods or aftermarket toys tyre pressure spot on,police in this area excellent,ive got to say that as my mate in the scooby normaly parols near this area in his T5.
anyway it was agreed both cars come off the roundabout,both cars in 2nd gear 3000revs.as said traffic was slight so we caused no danger,my mate flashed his lights and away we went,to be honest neither car pulled away the scooby appeared to have the initial grunt,3rd gear neither car made progress,eased off and in a lay by my mate said there was no way he could have passed,so we decided on the next,this time both cars on the carriagway,then a 4th gear blast from 4000revs,again no traffic ahead,subaru flashed i floored the gti that torquy flexibility made daylight between us but the scooby was always there,into 5th and you could see that the scooby was not catching,we eased off then,he later said his engine was working hard but he could keep his distance lower down but as the speed increased the transmission and low down grunty engine would not pull higher up the ladder..
realisticly you will not beat a subaru on a 0.50/60mph standing sprint,you may match it in the latest high performance hot hatches,but in the real world that traction with the superb 4 wheel drive system will prove superior ,mid range however i think the little gti has it covered,top end there is only one winner.
EDITION 30
========
i will complete my trilogy over the next week,i think you will find my own views on this car to be fair now that she has the 1500miles on the clock,i hope this report has been of use ive been lucky enough to own these cars so i can give you an independant non biased view,ill also try and give you my own winner choice,and why
hope you were not too bored?????
« Last Edit: 04 June 2007, 17:44 by ed30 »