Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287642 times)

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3270 on: 20 April 2012, 08:27 »
I was gonna say! The race that imortalised the phrase "felipe, fernando is faster than you" vettel went from pole to 18th and finnished on the podium! Nobody can deny the boys got skills, He's only human, He's not got on well with the car this year and as a guy who's passionate about driving and racing even i understand that you HAVE to be completely at peace with your machine to take it to the edge, i spend 10 hours a day in my transit and i can lap faster in that than my MG ZS 180 which all jokes aside is an astonishing car. It's all about finding a rythym and it's not working for him, luck of the draw!

Vettel's a fantastic driver imo....  there's no denying it really. But I'm certainly not a fan of his. I'd rather Webber win out the Redbulls. However Vettel had him in his back pocket all last year.

Nothing pleases me more than Vettel struggling at the mo  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 20 April 2012, 12:11 by MAW73 »

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
  • So long and thanks for all the fish!
« Reply #3271 on: 20 April 2012, 11:24 »
gotta love the underdog, i do think that webber is probably the best driver never to win a world title ever! Eau rouge last year, nuff said!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3272 on: 20 April 2012, 14:11 »
gotta love the underdog, i do think that webber is probably the best driver never to win a world title ever! Eau rouge last year, nuff said!

+1 wud love to see him win the title, it's a damn shame he hasn't...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3273 on: 20 April 2012, 15:57 »
I'd say it's Barrichello not Webber. Barrichello raced at a time that that he had the car, he just never won because team orders were allowed and Schumacher got all the TLC. Webber had the car last year and the year before, but he didn't make the best out of it.

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #3274 on: 20 April 2012, 17:42 »
Webber could have won 2 years ago but RB used him as bait to get Alonso out the picture and gifting the title to Vettel :lipsrsealed:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline Cory

• Here all the time
« Reply #3275 on: 20 April 2012, 19:13 »
webbers drive around monaco a couple years back really impressed me.

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
  • So long and thanks for all the fish!
« Reply #3276 on: 20 April 2012, 23:22 »
bharain does not look like a happy place right now. i think even bernie can't fix this one, i gotta say, as much i want to see a race this week, i think it's best for all concerned if they pack up and come home.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3277 on: 21 April 2012, 00:20 »
bharain does not look like a happy place right now. i think even bernie can't fix this one, i gotta say, as much i want to see a race this week, i think it's best for all concerned if they pack up and come home.

Can see it only getting worse too. Some people are even talking about that come race day, you may get idiots running on to the track, as we have seen in the past. Not worth it to be honest.

Offline Britman

• Here all the time
« Reply #3278 on: 21 April 2012, 12:28 »

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3279 on: 21 April 2012, 12:48 »
Wow how pathetic are the FOM, as has anyone noticed that not one Force India car has been shown in qualifying so far today? Despite Di Resta setting a fast time.

The talk on twitter from journalists out there , is the FOM are refusing to show them due to them not taking part in some of the practice sessions. Complete f**king joke, some team members were nearly fire bombed and this is how Bernie treats them?