Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287691 times)

adamrob69

Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #990 on: 05 April 2010, 09:49 »
Good race, but the last 20 laps where everyone had pitted and the fuel was low....was...boring

Im sure i saw Force India with a venting system like mclaren, which would explain sutils speed in the straight and louis not being able to get close enough; i think the saubers have it too.

From the first three races iv got to say i have been impressed by hamilton; by far driver of the season so far in my view, he is competing (very fast) in a car that is lacking downforce and notably slower then ferrari and red bull. He is the only driver that seems to be able to get the most out the car on a full tank and keep his tyres in good shape.

Alonso isnt far behind, but for me he is lacking that killer instinct that louis is showing at the mo, intresting the relationship between him and massa though! look out for that as the season progresses.

Vettel unfortunatly is doing well by default atm; the redbulls are at least a second quicker then the field. He does his job and doesnt make too many mistakes, which is all you can ask in his position. It would be nice to see him lower down the order and having to fight for positions though to see how good he really is when he has a car capable.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #991 on: 05 April 2010, 10:22 »
The force Indias are very good overall, I think they are just lacking decent drivers. They have excellent aero package and Mercedes engine.
Alonso IS lacking the killer instinct but I think that is due to the fact Massa has stopped him twice now from charging up the field. He will be back soon, it's Alonso and Ferrari, the most feared pairing.
Vettel is awesome as a driver and with Adrian Newey on the team they have an excellent car, they are very strong tis year.

I think Alonso will win the title, I think half way through the year he will wake up and pull some amazing tricks out of his sleeve.
If it's not Alonso with the title, I think Vettel will take it.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #992 on: 05 April 2010, 10:55 »
he needs to work out how to overtake massa first  :grin: alonso doesn't like a strong team mate, as was proved at mclaren when he threw his toys out the pram.

force india might as well be the mclaren b team, lots of shared components and technical stuff

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #993 on: 05 April 2010, 11:07 »
This season seems to be very very close...

Red bull definantley seem to have raw pace on race day...but seem to have reliability issues

Mclaren seem to be dominant in the top speed departments but are unable to capitalise on the qualifying sessions

Ferrari have two amazing drivers but so far dont seem to be able to capitalise on what seems to be a good car, although saying that Massa seemed to really struggle in Aus and got it wrong again yesterday...

Mercedes seem to be sneaking up there too.. I think Schuey is still one to watch and as the season progresses, the might sneak some points off the other top teams...

Then theres Renault.. another possible threat..

Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #994 on: 16 April 2010, 09:45 »
anyone seen buemi's upright failure in fp1 this morning  :shocked:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #995 on: 16 April 2010, 09:47 »
Yeah, caught it this morning on the news. The whole front just exploded on him ! :shocked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwjjd2Boiws

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #996 on: 16 April 2010, 10:21 »
Yeah, caught it this morning on the news. The whole front just exploded on him ! :shocked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwjjd2Boiws

Yep saw it just before leaving for work!

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #997 on: 16 April 2010, 10:30 »
Crazy.

Good to see the McL boy in the top 3 times. Schue 4th though! Could be an interesting race this weekend!

nick

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #998 on: 16 April 2010, 10:55 »
Alonso also had ANOTHER engine failure :D :D

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #999 on: 16 April 2010, 10:57 »