Author Topic: Broken MKV GTI Fog Lamp / Oh and a Ding  (Read 2107 times)

Offline zerolight

• Not said much yet
Broken MKV GTI Fog Lamp / Oh and a Ding
« on: 22 November 2008, 13:16 »
Hi guys. Any idea how much a new Fog lamp is for my GTI. A stone or something must have hit it on the motorway, smashing the glass on offside front fog lamp. An expense I don't need right now, but it's bothering me.

I've also got a wee ding on one of the passenger dooes, above the door crease, on a flat panel under the window. Some idiot hit it with their door when they parked beside me. Will dent devils be able to fix that? Will be be cheap? How do they do it? Paint isn't broken.

Offline Dogbucket

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf R32 / TVR Chimaera 450
Re: Broken MKV GTI Fog Lamp / Oh and a Ding
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2008, 16:40 »
I've also got a wee ding on one of the passenger dooes, above the door crease, on a flat panel under the window. Some idiot hit it with their door when they parked beside me. Will dent devils be able to fix that? Will be be cheap? How do they do it? Paint isn't broken.

I had a ding in the same position fixed by a company on the south coast called Dent Magician. They use various long probes and what not to lever it out. For a door they just reach inside by going down the side of the window, for other areas they may drill a small hole inside the wheel arch for example. I think it was about £50 and it has completely gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2008, 17:29 »

Off topic but I'm sure I'll be forgiven for sharing this - Inspired by Dogbucket's 'other' car! : -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TSlkKO-ERD0&feature=related

:cool:
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Dogbucket

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf R32 / TVR Chimaera 450
« Reply #4 on: 23 November 2008, 07:46 »

Off topic but I'm sure I'll be forgiven for sharing this - Inspired by Dogbucket's 'other' car! : -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TSlkKO-ERD0&feature=related

:cool:

I like that  :evil: particularly the way the speedo is greyed out  :grin:

Although I think that is a Tuscan, mine sounds more like this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nbsCl_i-23M
« Last Edit: 23 November 2008, 07:48 by Dogbucket »

Offline zerolight

• Not said much yet

Offline zerolight

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 23 November 2008, 19:42 »

I had a ding in the same position fixed by a company on the south coast called Dent Magician. They use various long probes and what not to lever it out. For a door they just reach inside by going down the side of the window, for other areas they may drill a small hole inside the wheel arch for example. I think it was about £50 and it has completely gone.

Cheers for that, I'm in Glasgow, but interesting to know how they fix it.

Offline No Golf Clubs at all

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 24 November 2008, 04:10 »
Zerolight....I have a number of a guy who sorted my audi in Glasgow, did a cracking job for about £50..amazing to see the crease in the door and the rear quarter just come out.. PM me if you want his number, he does homers and spends most of his week going round dealerships sorting out the dings that wee scrotes in garages put in peoples prized possessions.

Let the fun begin........Red Gti, full colour coding, DSG, Xenons, Winter pack, Lux pack, Highline, Sat Nav, Sunroof, Leather, Milltek, ABT rear valance, Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics....pescaras :-)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 24 November 2008, 14:11 »
I had a dent knocked out by a "dent-master" guy on my door about a year ago. My dent was above the door handle, just under the window line! It was 100% perfect after he'd finished. Brilliant.
I watched the guy do it, he just popped off the plastic cover on the leading edge of the door and that gives you lots of little holes to access behind the door skin. Looked easy  :smiley:
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.