Author Topic: which wheels?  (Read 1353 times)

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
which wheels?
« on: 22 September 2008, 12:08 »
hi everyone, i have migrated to you lot from the mk4 section since swapping my 1.8T gti to a 2.0 gt tdi.
i dont really know which alloys to get for it though so any suggestions could be great :)
thanks, Adam

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
Re: which wheels?
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2008, 12:13 »
depends what your into really but, i reckon if you can get a nice set of monza II's go for that, apart from the white worm issues they look ossum on any motor, they would even make a brown lada look good!
probably a few sets on ebay, if your thinking something abit different depends what your budget is as anything BBS your looking around a grand, anything replica still about 500 quid.

as they used to say on blind date....the choice is yours!

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2008, 12:15 »
budget around 500 i think. are monza 2's the standard gti ones? they look nice but obviously are common on mk5's

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2008, 12:28 »
they are common on GTI's but not on GTTDI's  :wink: go for it mate dogs dagglies!

where bouts in south wales are ya?

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 September 2008, 23:24 »
bridgend. my friend has a gti i may try to persuade him to sell me his lol. he cn get some nice bbs or something then. i love the look of the black spoke with the red rim on a black / red car, looks lovely

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2008, 23:43 »
i'm torn between a few sets.
i'm looking at:
RS6 - but they may look boring.
old style rs4 - but they may look like my standards just bigger
monza 2 - but as said they may be considered common
mk5 R32's
or keep looking for some bbs style like these below, although these ones are a bit too in your face deep dish:

any comments?

Offline Cass

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 23 September 2008, 23:54 »
IMHO standard Monza II's look the dogs - perfect for the Mk V and very, very classy :cool:. Anything else looks aftermarket but if that's the look you want, there's loads of choice. Just got to make your own mind up :undecided:

Cass
Now: VW Touareg Altitude V6 TDI 3.0 240 bhp, Diamond Pearlescent Black
Previous: MY2007 GTI, 3 door, manual, pearlescent black and lots of toys - gone to a good home : )

WhiteGTI

« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2008, 00:00 »
Whilst I like the Monza II's (and have them on mine), given the chance I think you should be different and get something like the wheels you posted pics of. I think the whole point of getting after market wheels is to go different to the norm. I think you run the risk of looking just like every other Golf if you put the Monza II's on it. Sure, if you like them, then do it - they look great!

Offline andrewparker

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 24 September 2008, 08:59 »
Personally I don't think there is anything worse than recognising a set of Monzas, then realising they are not on a GTi!
Current – Mk7 Golf R, Night Blue, 5dr, Manual / Mk7.5 Golf R, Indium Grey, Estate, DSG

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 24 September 2008, 10:40 »
WOW thats a very deep dish  :shocked:

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )