Author Topic: Got my new GTI! Few niggles to report though :(  (Read 6776 times)

Offline zeb

• Not said much yet
Re: Got my new GTI! Few niggles to report though :(
« Reply #10 on: 08 June 2006, 14:31 »
JESUS!! :shocked: I can't believe that you had to put right what the damn manufacturers ought to have done in the first place. Its a bit like this, if you buy Rolex you expect a certain level of quality and 9 times out of ten you get everything perfectly as youwould expect. I know that VW might not be the Rolex of cars but £20 odd grand is a lot of money for a car and you expect everything to be perfect!!

Its a good job your a handy man...some of us are just too plain scared or crap to try out some of the things you have done. I think your right Doc, there isn't enough attention to detail anymore. They just seem to knock them out as quick as they can and hope that some of the faults and imperfections will go unnoticed by buyers like us. I guess the law of averages will dictate that its worth the manufacturer's letting some dud one's pass through hoping that only a few will come back rejected by the customer!

I guess I will have to see if they can make the adjustments to the door enough that it looks better but I accept it may not be perfect. And if they can't do anything for any reason..well..like you say better to live with it if it ain't that bad! I also don't want the burden of selling it in the future and for some smart alek to come along and spot the misalignment and blame it on an accident repair job....when that is not the case. Having said that I'm usually very meticulous when inspecting cars and I didn't spot this misalignment until two weeks later!

Offline paulm007

• Here all the time
  • On my orders, release Hell
« Reply #11 on: 08 June 2006, 14:41 »
'kin hell Doc :shocked:

I would go balistic if my new R32 had anything wrong with it let alone that.  I worries me when its obvious that with the amount of cars you have you must obe your local stealers best customer yet they still treat your car like that.

I must admit my Mk4 seems to have aquired a signicant amount of small scratches whilst in the dealers getting serviced and I never even connected the two until your post. :sad:

53 GT TDI 130 - Sold
07 GTI Ed30, 3dr, Black pearl now sold! :(

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #12 on: 08 June 2006, 14:54 »
Funilly enough................................

And it wasn't scratched!

Tops and bottoms - the service / valeting teams at main dealers DONT GIVE A FLYING FECK  :angry: - thats why I chenge 'em all the time - which is OK for me - It saves the pain of further damage - I think about the people following a dream that have spent money they don't have to get them - then they get a car which is sub standard that their stuck with for years - it makes me MAD  :angry:
« Last Edit: 22 October 2006, 13:53 by The Doc »

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 08 June 2006, 14:57 »
Well I handed my Mk1 Golf GTI into the local stealer for a service and it came back with a 3 inch long sctrach on the bonnet which I could swear was never there before...  its only because it hasn't  penetrated the laquer (its diamond silver metallic) that I didn't take it up but they really don't appear to give a sh!t about customers cars.
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 08 June 2006, 15:05 »
I will be checking my Mk5 GTI Anniversary VERY VERY carefully when it comes next year and will defintely insist on anything wrong being put right.  As for those pics of your R32 Doc, they are HORRIFIC  :angry:  I don't know how you put up with that... that is really shoddy.   Reminds me of Lada Riva build quality from the 1980's...
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 08 June 2006, 15:08 »
Gee thanks (lada) :grin:

Illyun - you said  "I will be checking my Mk5 GTI Anniversary VERY VERY carefully when it comes next year and will defintely insist on anything wrong being put right"

That would be like mission impossible mate the feckers can't put em' right without causing further problems! Hence I just left it as it was. My GTi never had any faults apart from the rear shelf and I wished I'd left that well alone :cry:

I think your right Zeb - they are THROWING them together and letting the dealers pick up the mess!  :sad:

Hence there comming through faster than normal!  :angry:
« Last Edit: 08 June 2006, 15:23 by The Doc »

Offline zeb

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 08 June 2006, 15:19 »
Hey nice Rollie - a real classic sub date! Here's mine...

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 08 June 2006, 15:24 »
I aint never seen me one of those......

What is it?

Offline zeb

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 08 June 2006, 15:41 »
Here's my other sub-date (otherwise known as the Kermit)

I gonna get accused of talking off topic!!! Enough on the Rolex I think :smug:

The first one I posted is the new date just (116234) on a tuxedo dial, I'm a bit of a watch entusiast!

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 08 June 2006, 15:45 »
I prefer Kermit - A lot!  :wink: