Author Topic: MK5 - Beginners guide to buying my First Golf GTI  (Read 6175 times)

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: MK5 - Beginners guide to buying my First Golf GTI
« Reply #20 on: 30 September 2013, 16:06 »
Mike, The car I put up wasnt to say thats what I will buy but for the price it was listed at I wanted to know if that was a reasonable price as the going price for mileage around 70-110k seems around £4500 - £5500.

Like I said I will definitely go for one without the DSG as I wouldn't to take a 2k hit at any point and looking to keep the car for a few years. I can deal with the normal wear and tear, servicing and problems here and there but 2k at one point seems alot when the car is costing 5k.

VWFIEND - Thanks for the offer but Im almost certain that will be out of my price range :  )

5k and you got a deal lol
will sell you an a3 with the same engine for 5k  :wink:

Offline Icey

• Just got here
Re: MK5 - Beginners guide to buying my First Golf GTI
« Reply #21 on: 03 October 2013, 19:11 »
im in the same shoes you are.

Wanted the GT TDI but then fallen in love with the GTI.

And now my heart says GTi and my brain says go for diesel (economy)........ :whistle:

But i know if i will get the GT TDI then my heart will look after the GTI and i wont enjoy it.

Il go for it and we shell see, im doing 10 - 12k a year and fuel diference of 600 pounds from the TDI

So if that much costs to enjoy my car and have fun the sod it .

Less beer more miles :D :cool:

and budget wise, maybe for the winter it will drop but you need around 6k mark to find a "good " one.
Don't forget to check the rubber