Author Topic: FAO Twiggy!  (Read 4034 times)

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
FAO Twiggy!
« on: 09 June 2011, 09:16 »
as discussed - here's my problematic area. (havent washed the car for couple weeks so ignore the lack of shine :embarassed:)

instead of stone chips (though i do have a couple) i seem to have sh!t loads of scratches as if i drove behind a grit van. they are only light surface ones and you can only see them in bright light.

there i also one area (outlined in 2nd pic) where the paint is slightly dull

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: FAO Twiggy!
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2011, 09:30 »
What sort of advice are you after? How to get rid of it?

Try throwing a post in the detail section - http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=56.0

Looks horrible :( hope you get it sorted.

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 09 June 2011, 12:29 »
yeah - twiggy has a paint correction company. he quoted me on the whole car but i just want the bonnet looked at

Offline S4twiggy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 09 June 2011, 13:01 »
right Adam i see the problem.

i cant tell fully but are the scratches down to the primer?? if yes then its a spray job mate as i cant add paint(but my sprayer can lol)

i can give it a whirl and get most of the light ones out and that dull area you have but i would have to see it in the flesh to see what i can do with the deeper ones if anything can be done about them.

Grant
Audi S4(B5) BBS CH's, Eibach pro street coilovers, B5 RS4 brakes(360mm), MRC remap 320hp 370lb ft. Fully Certified Detailer

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 09 June 2011, 13:22 »
no they arent deep at all -  like i said you can only see them in the light. i doubt any of them reach through the laqueur. you do need to see it really lol.

Offline S4twiggy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 09 June 2011, 15:39 »
then it should be fine for me to sort out for you mate.

when ever you want me to have a look at it drop me a PM or you have my number dont you?

ill sort you out mate and get the bonnet looking tip top
Audi S4(B5) BBS CH's, Eibach pro street coilovers, B5 RS4 brakes(360mm), MRC remap 320hp 370lb ft. Fully Certified Detailer

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 09 June 2011, 16:05 »
then it should be fine for me to sort out for you mate.

when ever you want me to have a look at it drop me a PM or you have my number dont you?

ill sort you out mate and get the bonnet looking tip top

yeah i got it from rhyso

cheers mate  :wink:

Offline deano lfc

• GTI forum regular
  • me and me gtiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!!!
« Reply #7 on: 09 June 2011, 20:18 »
Hello there !!! Iv come across this before , what it is, your bonnet has most prob been sprayed before with what I would say is cheap laquer !!! Basically the laquer has no build on it , and scratches and cracks after time ! Worse case was a guy brought a car up to me ( I'm a paint sPrayer) after he took it through a car wash ! It's all cracked and blisterd ! I asked him have he had this part of the car painted before, and he said yes a guy done it ( out of a bloody van) smart repair ! Soni said its cheap paint he has put on it then . I got the car in , sanded down the paintwork , give it a good two coats of 2k primer, let it dry for a few hours ( this helps seal the crap paint underneath) then flayed down, and sprayed with proper paint !!!! I'm going from your pics, but what I know is you most prob can't even feel the scratches ??? Basicly coz it's all cracked underneath ! I'm viewing these from an I phone !! Hope this helps, or is at least some info for you !! Deano lfc

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 10 June 2011, 09:38 »
Hello there !!! Iv come across this before , what it is, your bonnet has most prob been sprayed before with what I would say is cheap laquer !!! Basically the laquer has no build on it , and scratches and cracks after time ! Worse case was a guy brought a car up to me ( I'm a paint sPrayer) after he took it through a car wash ! It's all cracked and blisterd ! I asked him have he had this part of the car painted before, and he said yes a guy done it ( out of a bloody van) smart repair ! Soni said its cheap paint he has put on it then . I got the car in , sanded down the paintwork , give it a good two coats of 2k primer, let it dry for a few hours ( this helps seal the crap paint underneath) then flayed down, and sprayed with proper paint !!!! I'm going from your pics, but what I know is you most prob can't even feel the scratches ??? Basicly coz it's all cracked underneath ! I'm viewing these from an I phone !! Hope this helps, or is at least some info for you !! Deano lfc

well thats disappointing   :sad: they all go towards the windscreen though so wouldnt they be random paterns if they were cracks?
i havent felt them so dont know if they are surfave or beneath   :huh: but will do today

Cheers

Offline S4twiggy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 10 June 2011, 10:40 »
has your bonnet seen paint then adam??