Author Topic: Since the car is offroad.......  (Read 1792 times)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: Since the car is offroad.......
« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2011, 11:23 »
_Adam_, ignore Egbutt Wash, he is the local forum troll that goes around looking for a reaction.

Car looks fantastic, hope its not off the road for long ? ? I keep meaning to get Guy to do a number on my car but I just cant justify paying someone that amount of money to clean my car. Have you ever clayed before? Might have to give it a go as my black GTI has swirls all over it :(

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
Re: Since the car is offroad.......
« Reply #11 on: 20 May 2011, 12:00 »
Cheers Alan,
well i'm hoping it will be fixed soon but i have no idea whats wrong, and after spending £550 getting it through the MOT i'm a little short of cash for repairs!
never clayed a car before, just watched a miguirs video on youtube and copied what he did lol. it's easy enough but you have to polish afterwards as the clay bar will make alot of streaks etc where the residue comes off.

You've made a really nice job there. TBO I didn't even realize at first it wasn't a GTI until you posted the before shot ( not that you trying to produce a replica  smiley).

I bet you've spent a few bob on the car?

yeah i've spent loads really lol. the bumper alone was around £450 sprayedand fitted :(