Author Topic: Trading in my GTI... for an R32 DSG  (Read 5168 times)

Offline zerolight

• Not said much yet
Re: Trading in my GTI... for an R32 DSG
« Reply #20 on: 06 August 2010, 18:52 »
Hi. I posted a new thread on it. From stand still, I touch the throttle as soft as possible and the car moves off with a jump, like I have no clutch control.

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 06 August 2010, 23:31 »
I know you've posted a new thread but could be Mechatronics... (sounds like a friend of Optimus Prime  :grin:)

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 07 August 2010, 17:22 »
Hi. I posted a new thread on it. From stand still, I touch the throttle as soft as possible and the car moves off with a jump, like I have no clutch control.

Faulty Mechantronics in the dsg.

About £1000 item, but im sure you have warranty (09 reg). Return from where it once came :smiley:

They dont fail just like that, previous keeper would of been aware of that, may of been why he got shot??

Great looking car though Zero  :cool:
« Last Edit: 07 August 2010, 17:25 by Saint Steve »

Offline zerolight

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 07 August 2010, 18:15 »
Thanks. I'm sure it'll be terrific once the gearbox gets sorted. And when I can stretch to some real tires instead of the Roadstones that came on the front.

Offline dbcperformance

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 12 August 2010, 10:02 »
i sure miss mine, best color too. Good luck
-Berk
MK6 VW GTI APR STGIII
www.dbcperformance.com

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 12 August 2010, 12:06 »
best color too

^^^ +1.  :smiley:

I drive past an RB R32 every day on the way home... I keep telling myself, 'one day...'
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline Wh|t3R@bb|t

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 17 August 2010, 13:03 »
Get one....you'll love it!

I am 4 days into my R32 ownership and love it....different to the GTI, but imho a better drive.  And omg do they handle well when your pushing it.

Fuel consumption is err....err....interesting!  But a small sacrifice really.

Good luck and enjoy

Offline zerolight

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 25 August 2010, 18:03 »
The car came back from the dealers yesterday with a new mechatronics unit. It's a different car! Really. Moving off no longer has this hesitant, mini kangeroo, thing going on. It's just instant and smooth. In gear throttle response no longer feels hesitant either, it's just instant and responsive. The car feels quicker - the affect of instant acceleration I guess. Engine note sounds smoother and deeper under acceleration too - I'm wondering if the car was having clutch issues constantly that were just more pronounced from rest. Either way, I love it. Completely different now to last week.

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 27 August 2010, 15:11 »
The car came back from the dealers yesterday with a new mechatronics unit. It's a different car! Really. Moving off no longer has this hesitant, mini kangeroo, thing going on. It's just instant and smooth. In gear throttle response no longer feels hesitant either, it's just instant and responsive. The car feels quicker - the affect of instant acceleration I guess. Engine note sounds smoother and deeper under acceleration too - I'm wondering if the car was having clutch issues constantly that were just more pronounced from rest. Either way, I love it. Completely different now to last week.

Now didnt we say that you'd change your oppinion  :laugh:

Great now that your happy going Dsg. Its a fantastic car. Hope you enjoy many a happy mile now :cool:

Offline zerolight

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 27 August 2010, 16:55 »
Thanks.:)