Author Topic: Central locking issues....  (Read 1168 times)

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
Central locking issues....
« on: 13 December 2009, 23:37 »
i've asked about this before, Rhyso ran a diagnostic and got me fault codes which turned out to be very vague and uncommon and i ended up having to take it to VW dealers to have a look.
their tests were "inconclusive" and said they would need to take the dash apart and trace all wires backwards to find the fault..... at aroung £60 an hour i think? :shocked:  .........Bollox

decided to live with it for a while, but rescently it came back to life. all things started working again; door lock, wing mirror indicator and adjustor.

now after a good month of perfect working order, it's died again. i'm at a loss at what could be causing this. where should i be looking to find dodgy connections etc?

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
Re: Central locking issues....
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2009, 12:32 »
I would start looking around the convienience control unit which I think is located round the back of the glovebox somewhere and work my way towards the fuse box.  From what you're saying a lot of things stop working when the fault occurs hence my reason for starting somewhere 'central' to all the systems.

Good luck.
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate