Author Topic: strange engine noise - Gt tdi  (Read 1146 times)

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
strange engine noise - Gt tdi
« on: 07 December 2009, 16:04 »
Hold all the tractor jokes, this is a more sereous noise :undecided:

imagine holding a bit of tinfoil to one of the timing belt pulley's. it's quite loud and came on this morning all of a sudden. when i get home i will jack the car up and check for any caught debris (no lower cover at present)but i'm wondering if this is a more serious issue than a leaf caught in the engine bay. it appears to be coming from down the back of the engine and is quite loud by the driver's wheel arch.

thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 07 December 2009, 16:10 by _Adam_ »

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
Re: strange engine noise - Gt tdi
« Reply #1 on: 07 December 2009, 22:36 »
nobody have an idea?? :sad:

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 08 December 2009, 09:50 »

Plenty of jokes........  :evil:  :laugh:

but no ideas. Sorry, pal!
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 December 2009, 11:11 »
turns out it was the cover of the flywheel....... the metal was touching and was completely chewed up. noise is resolved now, but will be taking it to my mechanic to find out why this happened

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 08 December 2009, 11:17 »

Sounds like it could have been much, much worse.

Glad there's a diagnosis! :afro:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?