Author Topic: Someone bumped my GTI:-(  (Read 3282 times)

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
Re: Someone bumped my GTI:-(
« Reply #10 on: 01 July 2009, 12:05 »
take it they didnt leave a note then?

Sorry to hear about that, OP! The fcukers! :angry:

My friend once told me someone hit his car quite badly. The driver got out in view of the witnesses and started writing a note to leave her details for a claim, so people just left the scene.

When he got back, saw the damage then spotted the note under his wiper.. It said; "I'm sorry - I can't afford to pay for another prang, or my premium to go up again".

Morals = non-existent.
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 01 July 2009, 17:13 »
Years ago i had a 205 gti se,full kit leather the works,it was a lovely car any way i`d only cleaned it that morning i popped to the local supermarket to buy some stuff,after i`d finished i was sat in the car when this old t xx t and his gobby daughter pulled up,he got out and did`nt bother to hold his door it blew in the wind and put a very big dent in the door of my car,i got out and asked for his details,he said"i did`nt do that" and walked off into the supermarket,i just stopped my self from killing him,anyway i rang the police,they came pretty quick to be honest,when he returned with his gobby daughter and his shopping she started swearing at me.The police man told him to give me his details and then went over his car,turns out he was a pub landlord,his car had no tax and 3 of the tyres were down to the metal,he impounded his car :grin: Sorry to hear about your damage.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 01 July 2009, 17:19 »
I would say £300-£500 as the whole quarter will need paint and pulling out/filling  :sick:

Would be very luck if that costs anything less than £1500 from VW!! trust me im a bump expert :wink:

Would defo look out for cctv footage as well, if not at the scene then near by may show another car with damage on it also. Thats how I caught my guy :smiley:

Offline _chris_

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 01 July 2009, 18:34 »
Hi all,
Thanks for all the comments, i have been to see site security and there is no coverage in the area i was parked, typical however i now know and will be parking in full view! I have had a price £350 and will take three days. What do you think of the price? this place has been reconmended.
Chirs

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #14 on: 01 July 2009, 21:48 »
Hope you get it sorted.

Offline Cass

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 01 July 2009, 22:18 »
The scumbags :angry:

How old is your car - if still under warranty I'd have the work done at a VW approved bodyshop and personally I would consider using one even if out of warranty. The damage looks like most of it will pull out and some filling may be necessary. Hopefully no straight edges have been damaged (specifically the B pillar door shut lines) as these would be very difficult to repair.

Hope you get it sorted OK.

Cass
Now: VW Touareg Altitude V6 TDI 3.0 240 bhp, Diamond Pearlescent Black
Previous: MY2007 GTI, 3 door, manual, pearlescent black and lots of toys - gone to a good home : )

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 01 July 2009, 22:40 »
if they do a good job that's an excellent price....

Offline TomB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 01 July 2009, 23:06 »
I suspect they won't do a good job at that price, sounds way too cheap to me!

Get some more quotes, and I'd also get a quote from a classic car restorer as they do some of the best paintwork you'll see.

Sorry to hear it, I'd also cry if that happened to mine!
Tom
MK5 Golf GTI in Tornado Red

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 02 July 2009, 09:53 »
Has it affected the drivers door at all?? Im pretty sure that wont pull. Sounds very cheap... wont know til you have seen some of their other work though.

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 02 July 2009, 11:32 »
try an sort a deal with this guy, tell him you're happy to let him do the work for that price but on the grounds that if it isn't a perfect outcome as you are expecting, then he wont get paid.
if he isnt happy to do that then he obviously isnt very confiden't his work will be good.
if he agree's, you have piece of mind that you won't be out of pocket should his work turn out to be sh!t