Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 374152 times)

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1100 on: 26 July 2012, 17:22 »
Can't beat vans. I loved my vivaro. Totally stress free motoring driving a white van.

Shall we have a "show us your van thread?"  :grin:

Yes let's do it, as this this all I have to show off now LOL

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #1101 on: 26 July 2012, 17:32 »
Can't beat vans. I loved my vivaro. Totally stress free motoring driving a white van.

Totally agree.... I run a commercial heating company and we own a few vans which the guys on the tools drive. I'm in the office predominately and brought the new belingo as a spare van as such. I've never really driven a van before now tbo and I'm enjoying it. As you say is stress free. Every man needs a good women and a van in their life!

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #1102 on: 26 July 2012, 20:51 »
Last picture of my GTI before I waved goodbye to her this week  : :cry:

I am now car-less for maybe for months until the bmw arrives. Hopefully it will arrive sooner as this will do my nut in. I now have pleasure of driving my company's new citreon belingo van in the meantime so please spare a thought for me. LOL

Martin

Sad day, hope you don't have to wait too long? Does the Belingo have paper bags to wear  :laugh: question on your MK6 are those parking sensors dealer retrofit?

Yes the sensors were fitted at the dealership. Not nearly as nice as the flush factory ones. The LED number plates I loved though.

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #1103 on: 27 July 2012, 09:02 »
Martin

Have you asked the dealership if they'll provide you with a loan car?

As I mentioned, they often will put you in a car for a few weeks - if they originally said x date and this has slipped then it's not unreasonable to expect them to put you in a car from week X.  they do it all the time but you often have to ask.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #1104 on: 27 July 2012, 20:21 »
Martin

Have you asked the dealership if they'll provide you with a loan car?

As I mentioned, they often will put you in a car for a few weeks - if they originally said x date and this has slipped then it's not unreasonable to expect them to put you in a car from week X.  they do it all the time but you often have to ask.

Not sure where I stand to be honest. Basically when negotiating with the salesman he basically said if we get your business today we can likely deliver September. So I pay the 1k deposit he orders the car and a week later sais the factory are saying mid November but don't worry about we are speaking with them to see what we can do. So that's all the latest info I have regarding possible delivery.

I will chase them Monday with a snotty email but I'm not sure I will get very far.

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Jimmymature

« Reply #1105 on: 27 July 2012, 21:26 »
If you play poker try the bluff, tell him you're pulling out of the deal and you’re going to report him to trading standards.....

Admittedly that will ruin any relationship with them but you might get your car quicker....  :evil:

Jim

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1106 on: 05 August 2012, 17:03 »
Blimey, I vanish into the ether for a while and everyone is deserting to BMWs!!
I know of another now non-regular mk6 section visitor who has been thinking about BMWs too... (and it ain't me!!)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1107 on: 05 August 2012, 17:16 »
I know of another now non-regular mk6 section visitor who has been thinking about BMWs too... (and it ain't me!!)

Asker? :laugh:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #1108 on: 05 August 2012, 23:10 »

Asker? :laugh:

He needs to stick to his "fully loaded" GIT  :wink:

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #1109 on: 06 August 2012, 09:10 »
If you play poker try the bluff, tell him you're pulling out of the deal and you’re going to report him to trading standards.....

Admittedly that will ruin any relationship with them but you might get your car quicker....  :evil:

Jim

Delivery now looking like beginning of october, however they are still going to push for september. I'm happy with that tbo it doesn't seem a million miles away.

Got Dan J on here lined up to do a full detail protection on the new car which I'm looking forward too. A small world, Dan lives in the same village as me  :wink:
« Last Edit: 06 August 2012, 12:16 by MAW73 »

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto