Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 371513 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1010 on: 20 July 2012, 11:05 »
I will be buying a BMW car next  :wink:

What's all this waffle about no rear seats? I'm sure I used to fit my 6 ft 3 inch 18 stone frame in the rear of my wife's 3 door 120d :huh:

Offline Spartacus

• GTI forum regular
Re: So then, what BMW are you buying next?
« Reply #1011 on: 20 July 2012, 12:14 »
So seeing as I am now in keeping with this thread...... here's what I've brought today...!

BMW 1 Series 125i M Sport 5 Door, Alpine White, 18” M Light alloy wheels, Anthracite Hexagon/Alcantara Interior Upholstery

Options
M Sport Brakes
Visibility Package
Sport Automatic Transmision
Harman Kardon H-Fi
Driver Comfort Package
Interior Comfort Package
Media Package BMW Professional (sat nav)
Sun Protection Package

With Free Servicing (upto 5 Years, 60,000 miles)

Delivery September ( can't bloody wait, although I will be very sad to see the GTI go ) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have traded in the GTI as part of the deal. However, I will also advertise it on here, Pistonheads and Autotrader. To make the car more attractive I will be selling including the Smoked R Rear LED's ( unless BMW take the car in which case I will sell separately with Raffe for first refusal ).

Congrats mate, thats pretty much bang on the spec i'd have as well except it would have to be blue!! :drool:

125i M Sport Estoril Blue

Thats the puppy!! (copies the pictures) hmmmm. :drool:

Sorry but i think you have made a mistake and I will explain why.

To me the 125i looks like a standard cooking 1 series, something any 18 yrd old spotty estate agent drives. Could be 116d for gods sake.

You have been driving a GTi, a car with 35 years heritage and that feels special, looks special and is special. Mine turns heads, I am sure yours does as well. Makes me feel good.

The 125i is just another 1 series with a 2litre petrol engine. There is no magic here. I think you will be trading it in within 6 months.

Cancel that 125i order and get the M135i with no options. It is a special car and will have a cult following. It will feel special as it is special.

A car that has no equal and one that you can keep for years.

Mk6 GTi - returned to leasing company after 3 great years and replaced with :

Mk5 GTi - Edition 30 - Revo 1 and some tweaks - 310 bhp. Its a better car than the Mk6  - Now sold and replaced with :

Mk6 R - Rising Blue 5 Door. Won't be standard 270bhp for long

Family Car : Mercedes ML420 with 360 bhp
Looking at Porsche Macan as replacement

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #1012 on: 20 July 2012, 12:22 »

To me the 125i looks like a standard cooking 1 series, something any 18 yrd old spotty estate agent drives. Could be 116d for gods sake.

You have been driving a GTi, a car with 35 years heritage and that feels special, looks special and is special. Mine turns heads, I am sure yours does as well. Makes me feel good.

The 125i is just another 1 series with a 2litre petrol engine. There is no magic here. I think you will be trading it in within 6 months.

Cancel that 125i order and get the M135i with no options. It is a special car and will have a cult following. It will feel special as it is special.

+1 I agree but each to their own
Will be a bit cheaper anyway :)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1013 on: 20 July 2012, 12:58 »

And that matters because???

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #1014 on: 20 July 2012, 13:01 »

And that matters because???

exactly... take the bling monzas off any gti and it looks like a std golf. About the 35 years of heritage is absolute b0ll0cks also... talk about buying into the marketing hype.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1015 on: 20 July 2012, 13:12 »
I did wonder when reading about the bloke who want's to de-GTI his car and make it look like a Match or a GT. How many non-GTI drivers would actually notice, or in fact, give a feck?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #1016 on: 20 July 2012, 13:52 »
So seeing as I am now in keeping with this thread...... here's what I've brought today...!

BMW 1 Series 125i M Sport 5 Door, Alpine White, 18” M Light alloy wheels, Anthracite Hexagon/Alcantara Interior Upholstery

Options
M Sport Brakes
Visibility Package
Sport Automatic Transmision
Harman Kardon H-Fi
Driver Comfort Package
Interior Comfort Package
Media Package BMW Professional (sat nav)
Sun Protection Package

With Free Servicing (upto 5 Years, 60,000 miles)

Delivery September ( can't bloody wait, although I will be very sad to see the GTI go ) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have traded in the GTI as part of the deal. However, I will also advertise it on here, Pistonheads and Autotrader. To make the car more attractive I will be selling including the Smoked R Rear LED's ( unless BMW take the car in which case I will sell separately with Raffe for first refusal ).

Congrats mate, thats pretty much bang on the spec i'd have as well except it would have to be blue!! :drool:

125i M Sport Estoril Blue

[

Thats the puppy!! (copies the pictures) hmmmm. :drool:

And on the basis of what you’re saying I guess you own a Golf R seeing as it is obviously a far superior car to the GTI…… No I thought not!

Listen….. I love my GTI to bits and it’s ticked all the right boxes for me in terms of performance and refinement. It has/is one of the best rated hot hatches on the road and this has been the case for a number of years.

I don’t really buy into history,  although yes I agree the GTI has great heritage however so does BMW with the M Series.

On another note, VW price the GTI starting at around £26,000. It’s by no means a cheap car to buy and therefore most of us will shop around to see what the competition has to offer.

But thanks for explaining you think of made a mistake.
« Last Edit: 20 July 2012, 15:01 by MAW73 »

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1017 on: 20 July 2012, 14:00 »
i love this 'heritage' argument.

what a load of bollocks.

the mk3 and mk4 were crap so why would that influence your buying a mk6?

i buy a car on its merits at the times not what the earlier models were like 15 years ago.

Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #1018 on: 20 July 2012, 14:16 »

what a load of nuts.

i buy a car on its merits at the times not what the earlier models were like 15 years ago.

Totally agree bud

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1019 on: 20 July 2012, 14:45 »

what a load of nuts.

Totally agree bud

+2
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather