Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372075 times)

Jimmymature

Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #910 on: 16 July 2012, 20:00 »
I test drove the S3 before I bought the GTI, I found the ride far too harsh. It's like they think for it to be sporty they have to make it stiff.

I found the car very sterile, no feedback! It was fast but boringly fast.  I suppose a remap would make me forget about the feedback.

But the bottom line for me is that it's the old A3 now, admittedly not the old S3 but it won’t be long until it is.

Jim

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #911 on: 16 July 2012, 20:22 »
I have been offered 13.5k on mine trade in against the S3. This is more than I was expecting (paid 25k 2.5 years ago). I've have not negotiated anything off the Audi as yet. Will do that at the dealership face to face. The VAG finance deal offered on the Audi is working out the same monthly payments as the GTI on HP.

I'm tempted to act now before the new mk7 comes out and before I increase the mileage on mine as I've now done 43k.

Decisions, decisions. Shall speak with the bank manager tonight (the wife) and then arrange a test drive.

Christ, that's a lot of cash lost in depreciation over a relatively short space of time, you must REALLY want a new car as that would break my heart.

Are you bored with current car out of curiosity?
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline mojo555

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #912 on: 16 July 2012, 21:33 »
Hi mate, i have had two S3's now and they are great cars, feedback not quite as good as the gti's but in terms of grip  they are great as for fast the figures say it all really 5.5 sec to 60 etc, each to their own but on these constant rainy days i wouldn't be without the quattro, wether this be the S3 or a golf R. Although the S3 is better value for money in terms of standard spec and its not just the S3 thats soon to be out of date....
I looked at used when i got my new one a few months ago but surprisingly a new one worked out cheaper on pcp, look into it and see what they come up with mine was cheaper over 2.5 years than 4..

Ps not a golf hater so don't shhot me, i do spend a lot of time on this forum for good reason.

Offline mojo555

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #913 on: 16 July 2012, 21:34 »
Harrogate Audi mine was from pm me if you want details..

:wink:

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #914 on: 16 July 2012, 22:17 »
I have been offered 13.5k on mine trade in against the S3. This is more than I was expecting (paid 25k 2.5 years ago). I've have not negotiated anything off the Audi as yet. Will do that at the dealership face to face. The VAG finance deal offered on the Audi is working out the same monthly payments as the GTI on HP.

I'm tempted to act now before the new mk7 comes out and before I increase the mileage on mine as I've now done 43k.

Decisions, decisions. Shall speak with the bank manager tonight (the wife) and then arrange a test drive.

Christ, that's a lot of cash lost in depreciation over a relatively short space of time, you must REALLY want a new car as that would break my heart.

Are you bored with current car out of curiosity?

From the Glass's guide for the milleage and spec. i should really be looking for £ 14,900 on mine I've since found out tonight.

Am I bored with the Golf.... no not really. More fancying a change if anything. 

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #915 on: 16 July 2012, 22:28 »
Hi mate, i have had two S3's now and they are great cars, feedback not quite as good as the gti's but in terms of grip  they are great as for fast the figures say it all really 5.5 sec to 60 etc, each to their own but on these constant rainy days i wouldn't be without the quattro, wether this be the S3 or a golf R. Although the S3 is better value for money in terms of standard spec and its not just the S3 thats soon to be out of date....
I looked at used when i got my new one a few months ago but surprisingly a new one worked out cheaper on pcp, look into it and see what they come up with mine was cheaper over 2.5 years than 4..

Ps not a golf hater so don't shhot me, i do spend a lot of time on this forum for good reason.

Thank you for the feedback on the S3. I'm looking forward to test driving one and seeing how it feels. Whats spec did you go for and how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

I'm fancying a bit more power and like the idea of 4wd. What average MPG are you getting?

Thanks for the heads up on the finance deals. Shall look into this. I'm dealing with Audi, Finchley Road London at the moment.

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Jimmymature

« Reply #916 on: 17 July 2012, 08:36 »
Before you buy the Audi, get your @rse down to BMW and get a test drive in an M135i (when it comes out)

:evil:

Jim

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #917 on: 17 July 2012, 14:19 »
Update...... I emailed the sales guy I've been dealing with last night asking for another 1k on the trade price for the GTI. This would take it to the recommended Glass's guide price of 14.5k for the millaege, spec and excellent condition mines in.

Have also asked for 1k off the price of the S3 which woukld take the price down to 25k. I have had no reply so it doesn't look like I will be buying an S3 anytime soon.

330d M Sport 3 BMW's are also on the possible list. We shall see.

So your stuck with me on here for now...!  :smiley:

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #918 on: 17 July 2012, 14:53 »
Before you buy the Audi, get your @rse down to BMW and get a test drive in an M135i (when it comes out)

:evil:

Jim

Its going to be 30k Jim so not possible..... Circa 25k is my limit ( or I will face castration from the Mrs )  :smiley:

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #919 on: 17 July 2012, 16:05 »
The 1 series is kind of growing on me........ looks very nice in white I have to say.

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto