Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372596 times)

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #880 on: 09 July 2012, 16:43 »
 After a few test drives have settled for an Audi A1 122ps. In sports trim with the softer SE suspension.
Ice White special paint -Add nicer alloys – xenon lights – panoramic sunroof – Sat nav – Audi sound system – arm rest – black headlining
Just over 20,000 that will do me with no monthly payments better mpg and cheaper Insurance. I will be 500 per month better off.
I'm a private buyer and at 400 a month just for fuel I have had enough.

Great car the GTI but the mafia goverment are taking the piss on fuel tax.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #881 on: 09 July 2012, 16:59 »
i went for harman kardon, sat nav, blue paint, automatic gearbox, adaptive suspension and a few other bits.

i would want those options on a real car but the reverse camera and sensors etc i probably wouldn't waste £600 on and £300 for tinted back windows etc

I thought it came with the adaptive chassis as standard?

The Sat Nav would be nice if it's the way you see the real time power as torque figures when you're booting it :o)

Jim

On the options list it's a £550 extra

It gives you the adjustable suspension and different throttle and gearbox modes also I think.

Possibly would be better not ticking that box and fit some bilsteins instead?
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Jimmymature

« Reply #882 on: 09 July 2012, 17:02 »
After a few test drives have settled for an Audi A1 122ps. In sports trim with the softer SE suspension.
Ice White special paint -Add nicer alloys – xenon lights – panoramic sunroof – Sat nav – Audi sound system – arm rest – black headlining
Just over 20,000 that will do me with no monthly payments better mpg and cheaper Insurance. I will be 500 per month better off.

Nice, the A1 looks great with Xenons an LED, once again Audi beat everyone when it comes to LED DRL's

Jim

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #883 on: 09 July 2012, 17:22 »

Nice, the A1 looks great with Xenons an LED, once again Audi beat everyone when it comes to LED DRL's

Jim

the led drls are just one of the reasons i would never buy an audi... its like putting fairy lights on you c0ck

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #884 on: 09 July 2012, 18:12 »

Jim

the led drls are just one of the reasons i would never buy an audi... its like putting fairy lights on you c0ck

How wud you know that... :laugh:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #885 on: 09 July 2012, 18:58 »

Too many VW fan boys here

I did have laugh at this  :grin: funny that people being fan boys on a golfgti site  :shocked: :grin:

Now take you BMW talk elsewhere  :lipsrsealed: :cool:

Lol I did think that after I wrote it....However my definition of a fan boy is someone who blindly follows a brand and all other brands are rubbish...:laugh:

That would be me  :grin: never owned anything else the Rocco was my first non Golf but didn't stray too far  :grin:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #886 on: 10 July 2012, 08:37 »

Jim

xmas tree accident?  :embarassed:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #887 on: 10 July 2012, 09:19 »

Jim

:grin:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #888 on: 10 July 2012, 17:38 »

Jim

LOL...say no more....
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #889 on: 16 July 2012, 10:35 »
My dad's going over to the dark side from German cars.

His owned BMW's for the last 20 odd years.

So his going from this......

3 Series, BMW 320D, M Sport, Auto

To this..........

Sportage KX-3 Sat Nav 2.0 CRDi, 6-speed auto.

:undecided:

ps if anyone is interested in the bimmer, its going on autorader online this morning, priced at £15,750 (43,000 FSH)
« Last Edit: 16 July 2012, 10:49 by MAW73 »

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto