Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372171 times)

Jimmymature

Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #850 on: 08 July 2012, 18:54 »
If you want a car with a hard ride, cramped interior and dubious looks then go for it..
30K for a 1 series is having a laugh really..

but 30k+ for a golf isn't having a laugh? is a golf R worth 2x the price of a base model?

thats like saying 55k for a 3 series is a laugh cos its 'just a 3 series' - its an M car -  one of the best performance devisions in the world.

at least the 135M will have proper bespoke performance parts fitted unlike VAG which are just a miss mash of parts from the audi/vw/skoda/seat parts bin.

i know bmw have reduced the value of the M badge by sticking it on too many cars such as X5,X6 etc but this thing is a real performance car and its sensible money.

Carry on you welcome to it, value for money, that says it all for me.

for everyone who seems to think the value for money argument makes it less quality than a golf or makes you a tight arse thats nuts. it just strengthens the argument for the BMW.

there is no way i would be spending £30+ on a golf or scirocco be it GTI/35 or R when i could have this for the same money or less.

As much as i like the 135i it's not an M car, it's just like the 125i M, ie a body kit with more power and a xenons and leather.

Sorry mate but you're not correct on this.  This car has M performance parts and was designed by the M-Sport team...

I see this more as BMW version of Audi's 'S' (S3) versions and the M1 being the competitor to Audi's 'RS'

Jim
« Last Edit: 08 July 2012, 19:06 by Jimmymature »

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #851 on: 08 July 2012, 19:01 »

I just don't get this "its really ugly" All the pictures I've seen of the M135i it looks good, not the best looking of cars but an ugly one?

Are you sure you lot are looking at the 1-Series Urban that was posted about 5 replies ago?

Jim
If you like i wouldn't worry about, its your money and no doubt it will be a great car.
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #852 on: 08 July 2012, 19:18 »
If you want a car with a hard ride, cramped interior and dubious looks then go for it..
30K for a 1 series is having a laugh really..

but 30k+ for a golf isn't having a laugh? is a golf R worth 2x the price of a base model?

thats like saying 55k for a 3 series is a laugh cos its 'just a 3 series' - its an M car -  one of the best performance devisions in the world.

at least the 135M will have proper bespoke performance parts fitted unlike VAG which are just a miss mash of parts from the audi/vw/skoda/seat parts bin.

i know bmw have reduced the value of the M badge by sticking it on too many cars such as X5,X6 etc but this thing is a real performance car and its sensible money.

Carry on you welcome to it, value for money, that says it all for me.

for everyone who seems to think the value for money argument makes it less quality than a golf or makes you a tight arse thats nuts. it just strengthens the argument for the BMW.

there is no way i would be spending £30+ on a golf or scirocco be it GTI/35 or R when i could have this for the same money or less.

As much as i like the 135i it's not an M car, it's just like the 125i M, ie a body kit with more power and a xenons and leather.

Sorry mate but you're not correct on this.  This car has M performance parts and was designed by the M-Sport team...

I see this more as BMW version of Audi's 'S' (S3) versions and the M1 being the competitor to Audi's 'RS'

Jim

Thats a fair comment but it's still not an M car, it may have M sport suspension but thats about it, thats why it's so cheap, don't get me wrong, i actually like it.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Jimmymature

« Reply #853 on: 08 July 2012, 19:20 »
It's got a little more than just M suspension but I too agree it's not a true M but it's certainly not a normal M-Sport that you can get on a 118i

Cheers,

Jim

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict

Jimmymature

« Reply #857 on: 08 July 2012, 21:13 »
Sounds bloody lovely though!! :drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c0oWOY67Bk&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3U0p2LFBxE&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc9QYwuU2EY&feature=relmfu

Love the Sports Display showing torque and power output in real-time

You can guarantee that'll be an optional extra. :sick:

Yeah, part of the Sat Nav unit no doubt.  Looking forward to it appearing on their configurator. Nothing there at the moment.

Jim

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #858 on: 08 July 2012, 21:17 »
I specced up a 125i earlier, just over 30k for a prety much fully loaded one, i know it's not the straight six beast that the 135i is but it's still quite a lot of car, looks ace in that Estoril blue. :tongue:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #859 on: 08 July 2012, 21:17 »
Sounds bloody lovely though!! :drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c0oWOY67Bk&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3U0p2LFBxE&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc9QYwuU2EY&feature=relmfu

Love the Sports Display showing torque and power output in real-time

You can guarantee that'll be an optional extra. :sick:

as will the electric rear entry seats  :cool: :cool: but how cool... pull your finger out VW