Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372530 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #840 on: 08 July 2012, 18:06 »
It does make imo the golf r and Audi s3 look stupidly expensive.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Jimmymature

« Reply #841 on: 08 July 2012, 18:19 »

With that kind of power and performance it should be compared to the Audi RS3, then the price looks even better.

Can't wait to see the figures on fastlaps.com, you never know it might get nailed by the S3 and R and all the other proper quick hatches.

Jim

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #842 on: 08 July 2012, 18:19 »
Too many VW fan boys here that can't accept the facts. The car is the same price as a Rocco R!!!

Can only speak for myself, but nothing to do with being a VW fanboy as the GTi was a purchase based upon compromise, we were actually looking at the current 135i Coupe but felt it slightly cramped and unpractical for our needs.

Totally agree with your VFM comments and can see why it would be popular, But imo BMW have made a pigs ear of the new models styling which crosses it off the next car list just not for us :sick:

Personally I will very interested too see what Toyota/Subaru can do with a higher powered version of the new GT86/BRZ.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #843 on: 08 July 2012, 18:26 »

With that kind of power and performance it should be compared to the Audi RS3, then the price looks even better.

Can't wait to see the figures on fastlaps.com, you never know it might get nailed by the S3 and R and all the other proper quick hatches.

Jim

I think would be around the time the M version is released  :evil:

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #844 on: 08 July 2012, 18:27 »
Carry on you welcome to it, value for money, that says it all for me.

honestly?  :huh:

we all love golfs but that sir is crazy talk  :laugh:
more than the GTI, power coming through the CORRECT wheels... I think it kind of confirms what everyone without a mk6 thinks! what a f'ing rip off VW are  :lipsrsealed:
Yes honestly, it goes without saying about power and rwd, ive tried to like it but it's just one ugly mother fcuker, maybe in a coupe (i quite like the 1 series coupe) but i'd rarther have a 3 series with that engine, more expensive i know but in 1 series hatchback form i'd rarther go without thanks.
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #845 on: 08 July 2012, 18:35 »
If you want a car with a hard ride, cramped interior and dubious looks then go for it..
30K for a 1 series is having a laugh really..

but 30k+ for a golf isn't having a laugh? is a golf R worth 2x the price of a base model?

thats like saying 55k for a 3 series is a laugh cos its 'just a 3 series' - its an M car -  one of the best performance devisions in the world.

at least the 135M will have proper bespoke performance parts fitted unlike VAG which are just a miss mash of parts from the audi/vw/skoda/seat parts bin.

i know bmw have reduced the value of the M badge by sticking it on too many cars such as X5,X6 etc but this thing is a real performance car and its sensible money.

for everyone who seems to think the value for money argument makes it less quality than a golf or makes you a tight arse thats bollocks. it just strengthens the argument for the BMW.

there is no way i would be spending £30+ on a golf or scirocco be it GTI/35 or R when i could have this for the same money or less.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #846 on: 08 July 2012, 18:41 »
If you want a car with a hard ride, cramped interior and dubious looks then go for it..

but 30k+ for a golf isn't having a laugh? is a golf R worth 2x the price of a base model?

thats like saying 55k for a 3 series is a laugh cos its 'just a 3 series' - its an M car -  one of the best performance devisions in the world.

at least the 135M will have proper bespoke performance parts fitted unlike VAG which are just a miss mash of parts from the audi/vw/skoda/seat parts bin.

i know bmw have reduced the value of the M badge by sticking it on too many cars such as X5,X6 etc but this thing is a real performance car and its sensible money.

for everyone who seems to think the value for money argument makes it less quality than a golf or makes you a tight arse thats nuts. it just strengthens the argument for the BMW.

there is no way i would be spending £30+ on a golf or scirocco be it GTI/35 or R when i could have this for the same money or less.

Not to me it just shows that its a ugly brute, if this car was good looking it would start at 5k more and sell. Whoever wants to buy it fairplay but i couldn't live with that thing on my drive.
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #847 on: 08 July 2012, 18:48 »

for everyone who seems to think the value for money argument makes it less quality than a golf or makes you a tight arse thats nuts. it just strengthens the argument for the BMW.

Not to me it just shows that its a ugly brute, if this car was good looking it would start at 5k more and sell. Whoever wants to buy it fairplay but i couldn't live with that thing on my drive.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:it is ugly  :rolleyes:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #848 on: 08 July 2012, 18:52 »

As much as i like the 135i it's not an M car, it's just like the 125i M, ie a body kit with more power and a xenons and leather.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Jimmymature

« Reply #849 on: 08 July 2012, 18:53 »

I just don't get this "its really ugly" All the pictures I've seen of the M135i it looks good, not the best looking of cars but an ugly one?

Are you sure you lot are looking at the 1-Series Urban that was posted about 5 replies ago?

Jim