Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 373942 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #790 on: 02 July 2012, 22:46 »
at the Goodwood FOS on the weekend i got a chance to have a look around the new ST, M135, A3 and GT86

ST is cheap and looks it, their interiors are a triumph of (lack of)style over function with dash a scattergun of switchgrear, recaros were  ok didn't particularly like the pedals as prefer a floor mounted accelerator, exterior wise styling just draws more attention to the big rump

for my styling is still unresolved on the M135, in reality they say under £30k but seams very easy to get up to £38k with a few options, interior was superb but what i cannot stand in the BM is the pedals are offset from the wheel so just feels odd, its more pronounced than the new 3 series which for me would be my weapon of choice

have to say liked the understatement of the new A3 and cabin so S3 will be interesting, in reality if i wanted a derv hatchback i'd be going for one of these

liked the idea of the GT86 and i actually loved the feel of it, you sort of wear it rather than sit in it, superb driving position and seats, in reality they should do a delete rear seat option, yes needs more power from a turbo, but only car i requested more info on as want a test drive

what i did love in the flesh was the new RS4 avant

Jimmymature

« Reply #791 on: 02 July 2012, 23:19 »
at the Goodwood FOS on the weekend i got a chance to have a look around the new ST, M135, A3 and GT86

ST is cheap and looks it, their interiors are a triumph of (lack of)style over function with dash a scattergun of switchgrear, recaros were  ok didn't particularly like the pedals as prefer a floor mounted accelerator, exterior wise styling just draws more attention to the big rump

for my styling is still unresolved on the M135, in reality they say under £30k but seams very easy to get up to £38k with a few options, interior was superb but what i cannot stand in the BM is the pedals are offset from the wheel so just feels odd, its more pronounced than the new 3 series which for me would be my weapon of choice

have to say liked the understatement of the new A3 and cabin so S3 will be interesting, in reality if i wanted a derv hatchback i'd be going for one of these

liked the idea of the GT86 and i actually loved the feel of it, you sort of wear it rather than sit in it, superb driving position and seats, in reality they should do a delete rear seat option, yes needs more power from a turbo, but only car i requested more info on as want a test drive

what i did love in the flesh was the new RS4 avant

Nice summary mate, not sure how you get the M135i up to £38k considering it comes with Xenons and leather as standard and a load of other things.

Even a bog standard M135i is better spec than a £29,999 GTI.....

That GT86 is going to be a flop IMO, it just isn't quick enough and the test drives reviews I've read slated it big time.

Jim

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #792 on: 03 July 2012, 00:22 »
i'm curious to see what the GT86 is like to drive but inclined to agree, not much performance for £25k and boxer engine isn't overly CO2 friendly and trim is not up to european standards, that said may still love it

M135 was specced to £38k and seemed to have boxes ticked, trouble is the car was styled be stevie wonder and looks awful which ever angle you look at it which is a real shame, bmw chappy said the 2 door coupe was looking like 2014 which will probably be the less of a munterlooker

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #793 on: 05 July 2012, 20:30 »
i saw a GT86 on the road today. must be one of the first official ones in the country

when i first read the hype i thought this is going to be a massive success but after seeing it i wasn't impressed. looked fairly cheap and like already said the performance just isn't good enough

they're not getting very good write ups now after the initial hype which most people after that sort of car WILL have read.

also called into BMW and the had a 116i on the stand but it looked class

it had some M sport bodykit on and sports seats blue and red honeycomb stitching etc. it was white but parts of the bodykit were matt black. sounds dodger but it did seem to work. looked great

it looked amazing. the 135i will be VERY tempting when it comes out.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #794 on: 05 July 2012, 21:55 »
I'm now considering a Passat Alltrack.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #795 on: 05 July 2012, 22:19 »
I'm considering a Go-kart with the prices of new cars going well beyond £30000 think that is all I will be able to afford in the near future  :cry:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #796 on: 06 July 2012, 07:54 »
I'm considering a Go-kart with the prices of new cars going well beyond £30000 think that is all I will be able to afford in the near future  :cry:

Or keep the car you've got. After all, if there's nothing wrong with it...
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #797 on: 06 July 2012, 07:57 »

Try a mapped Tigaun Amanda after all its a 4wd high rise Golf  :drool: :drool:
« Last Edit: 06 July 2012, 09:27 by Steve30 »

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #798 on: 06 July 2012, 09:08 »
Next car will be a 18-24 month old M3 :evil:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #799 on: 06 July 2012, 19:48 »

Try a mapped Tigaun Amanda after all its a 4wd high rise Golf  :drool: :drool:

Never say never Steve, I do like the look of the Tig....if the price is right..........
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.