Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372317 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #780 on: 28 June 2012, 14:02 »
After  me buying a Tiguan and we both love driving it my wife has a abs unit fault on the Astra cost mega bucks to sort and vauxhall only will pay 20% , I had a run in an Insignia , while its an ok car its not the quality of VW (We have had vauxhall for 20 yrs and never had any major bills until noo ) so the Astra  its getting changed for a GTD 170 demo next week .

:cool: spec?

And get those pics up once you've taken delivery, happy days!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #781 on: 28 June 2012, 14:27 »
Mk7 GTI open top in about 24 months.
Currently digging a bunker.

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #782 on: 28 June 2012, 16:12 »
Urban Dictionary have a good definition of a yeti.

A fat and ugly female, often accompanied by facial hair including side burns. In even more extreme cases the yeti carrys along a "package", or even the full package including chest hair. When viewed often the viewer feels slightly nauseas and dizzy. Try no to stare at yetis too long, because if they catch you looking at them they will feel threatened and start throwing dangle berries or sh*t nuggets.

61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline Pinky 1959

• Not said much yet
« Reply #783 on: 02 July 2012, 18:36 »
Standard GTD 170 with  upgraded wheels

Offline MBCGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #784 on: 02 July 2012, 18:49 »
Not sure, only had the golf for a month and I love it, im sure that I would look at another golf!! Maybe an R

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #785 on: 02 July 2012, 19:17 »
Urban Dictionary have a good definition of a yeti.

A fat and ugly female, often accompanied by facial hair including side burns. In even more extreme cases the yeti carrys along a "package", or even the full package including chest hair. When viewed often the viewer feels slightly nauseas and dizzy. Try no to stare at yetis too long, because if they catch you looking at them they will feel threatened and start throwing dangle berries or sh*t nuggets.

Sounds like the definition of Doc, esp if you refuse his maps throws nuggets of sh*t at you  :laugh: :laugh:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #786 on: 02 July 2012, 19:39 »
£24k for a diesel Astra? No funnier than £21k for a Golf diesel GT TDi that was sat on the forecourt of my stealers the other day. That's 140 hp I believe? And not even brand new.

And yes, superficially a Golf feels better built inside. But then try searching "creaks, groans, squeaks" etc. on this forum and that says a lot about Golf "quality".

I must say I really like the look of that new A Class - very smart looking thing.

Jimmymature

« Reply #787 on: 02 July 2012, 20:32 »
£24k for a diesel Astra? No funnier than £21k for a Golf diesel GT TDi that was sat on the forecourt of my stealers the other day. That's 140 hp I believe? And not even brand new.

And yes, superficially a Golf feels better built inside. But then try searching "creaks, groans, squeaks" etc. on this forum and that says a lot about Golf "quality".

I must say I really like the look of that new A Class - very smart looking thing.

Yeah, the AMG monster is going to be worth looking at but at £35k there are much better cars around.....

Jim

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #788 on: 02 July 2012, 20:50 »

Me personally i would rather sit in the Golf and put up with squeaks creaks and groans (not that ive got any yet) than sit in what i can only describe as a Ashtray. Shocking interior in the Ashtray.
« Last Edit: 02 July 2012, 20:53 by carl1 »
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline MBCGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #789 on: 02 July 2012, 22:21 »
I drive an astra for work, although only the base diesel model they are utter dog s**t.  The handbrake traps your finger, the driving position is shocking and when I have my seat in the best possible position I can barely fit my little finger behind the seat and its the estate I use.

The thing rattles, and I am talking about a 12 plate astra with less than 500 miles on the clock> I have smacked the dash, tried tightening things up and the rattle moves across the dash.  I wouldnt buy an astra and to be honest unless something marvellous stuck out the only vauxhall I would buy would be a VXR8 Bathurst S.