Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372245 times)

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #760 on: 14 June 2012, 21:16 »
Quote from: R32UK link=topic=20i0085.msg2151960#msg2151960 date=1339577515
m
i had a citroen once
Me too,NEVER AGAIN,it must have spent at least 6months in the dealers and had dozens of faults e.g gear box leaks,engines leaks,air con failed,display failed to mention a few.And Citroen UK were appalling no help at all,the dealers kept doing the same repairs over and over again I got rid of the car just before the warrenty ran out and it was still leaking lots of oil from the engine and gearbox in the same locations after 9 attempts by the dealer to fix it.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #761 on: 14 June 2012, 21:52 »
m
i had a citroen once
Me too,NEVER AGAIN,it must have spent at least 6months in the dealers and had dozens of faults e.g gear box leaks,engines leaks,air con failed,display failed to mention a few.And Citroen UK were appalling no help at all,the dealers kept doing the same repairs over and over again I got rid of the car just before the warrenty ran out and it was still leaking lots of oil from the engine and gearbox in the same locations after 9 attempts by the dealer to fix it.

What year was that ? :grin:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #762 on: 15 June 2012, 12:42 »
I was parked next to a new Kia Rio the other day. I must say, I quite liked th way it looked. The paint finish was really good and the panel gaps were incredibly tight and millimetre perfect (much more so than my Golf - I had to have a misaligned bonnet adjusted shortly after taking delivery).

I know that Kia aren't currently reputed to build cars that are particularly engaging to drive, but seeing how quickly they (and Hyundai) have progressed in recent years, if they get the dynamics sorted, then the likes of VW and some of the other large European manufacturers had better watch out!

I just had a Kia Rio for a week as a hire car.  (Full story on other thread, new engine currently being fitted to GTi.)

It was a shopping trolley with a lawnmower engine.  It had to be begged to go up hills.  In second.  Its clutch was so loose that there was no happy medium between revving it and stalling it.

Tell me there's a more upmarket model and that's what you're talking about....  Please....

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #763 on: 15 June 2012, 15:28 »
m
i had a citroen once

It was a sh!troen picasso,we purchased in in 2002 and px it for a touran in 2005.(the touran was a excellant  car)
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #764 on: 15 June 2012, 15:49 »
Mine was an 05, brand new. I would be very surprised if its still alive today  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #765 on: 15 June 2012, 17:52 »
m
i had a citroen once

It was a sh!troen picasso,we purchased in in 2002 and px it for a touran in 2005.(the touran was a excellant  car)

My parents had a Citroen Picasso once apon a time, never had any probs with it...it was real comfy and great for long journeys but my dad hated the handling of the thing....it was very wollowy!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Silverblade

• Just got here
« Reply #766 on: 15 June 2012, 23:32 »
Well having just slung a deposit on a GTI 35 - thats my next toy - hope I like it, havent had a Golf for quite a few years  :cool:

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #767 on: 16 June 2012, 00:05 »
Well having just slung a deposit on a GTI 35 - thats my next toy - hope I like it, havent had a Golf for quite a few years  :cool:

You are going to love the ED35 gives you a big grin every time you drive it  :evil:
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Jimmymature

« Reply #769 on: 17 June 2012, 17:03 »
Looks ok but £24k for a diesel Astra!!! Wtf has the world come to.

Jim