Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 371707 times)

Offline mike.

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #710 on: 29 May 2012, 20:45 »
I've had a few 1 series and 3 series hired out in the last year

I never thought they were anything special but then they were hire cars so had taken a bit of abuse.
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #711 on: 30 May 2012, 00:01 »
i will be straight down the ford dealership as soon as this thing is released. its going to be a great car.

also really looking forward to the new RS clio coming soon. for all their faults i find ranaultsport cars the most entertaining/rewarding/fun to drive.

i think the GTI will be getting relegated to family car duty soon and i will be looking for a new toy for myself.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #712 on: 30 May 2012, 08:15 »
I'm really interested in the Focus ST and I am sure it will have more toys as standard than the mk7 GTI will probably have as add ons.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Jimmymature

« Reply #713 on: 30 May 2012, 16:16 »
I'm really interested in the Focus ST and I am sure it will have more toys as standard than the mk7 GTI will probably have as add ons.

I agree with this, people who think that the ST isn’t in the same league as the GTI need to get out of the clouds and sit in one then drive it.

You may be surprised - but you're just as likely to be proved completely correct. But judging the ST before one has even hits these shores is crazy.

Jim

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #714 on: 30 May 2012, 19:14 »
I've had a few 1 series and 3 series hired out in the last year

I never thought they were anything special but then they were hire cars so had taken a bit of abuse.

Next time hire out any msport version of 1 series - smaller the engine the better (118d in the last one I threw up a road) and drive it as hard as you can around some very twisty roads then tell me your not impressed.

The handling is to die for, god I'm coming over all RWD again  :grin:

Jimmymature

« Reply #715 on: 30 May 2012, 19:21 »

I agree with this, people who think that the ST isn’t in the same league as the GTI need to get out of the clouds and sit in one then drive it.

You may be surprised - but you're just as likely to be proved completely correct. But judging the ST before one has even hits these shores is crazy.

Jim

Scrap all of the above, the ST3 will cost £4k less than an M135i, M135i is the only car for me if it really is only £29,995!

Jim

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #716 on: 30 May 2012, 19:24 »

Jim the Ford ST3 will be worth northing after a year or so , I do agree its lovely motor!!

Jim

Scrap all of the above, the ST3 will cost £4k less than an M135i, M135i is the only car for me if it really is only £29,995!

Jim

Jim the Ford ST3 will be worth northing after a year or so , I do agree its lovely motor!!
« Last Edit: 30 May 2012, 19:26 by Steve30 »

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #717 on: 30 May 2012, 19:26 »
Whats happened to you steve? You can't quote for toffee these days! :grin:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #718 on: 30 May 2012, 19:28 »
Whats happened to you steve? You can't quote for toffee these days! :grin:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yes I think i'm getting old mate !!

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #719 on: 30 May 2012, 19:31 »
« Last Edit: 30 May 2012, 20:00 by Steve30 »