Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372237 times)

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #700 on: 24 May 2012, 18:11 »
Or I am being padantic  :grin:

Not meaning to be pedantic... but it should be pedantic not padantic.

ha ha ha ha cracker  :laugh: :laugh:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #701 on: 24 May 2012, 18:15 »

Not meaning to be pedantic... but it should be pedantic not padantic.

ha ha ha ha cracker  :laugh: :laugh:

Buggers  :grin:

How did the service go Steve?

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #702 on: 24 May 2012, 18:45 »
Well I haven't bought a car but my missus just has  :lipsrsealed:

^^ are you zipped because you are keeping a secret or is it not meeting your approval?!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #703 on: 25 May 2012, 11:10 »
Dropped my car off at the dealer this morning to have ALL the door seals replaced! :shocked: and there is a BMW dealership just round the corner so thought i'd have a nose around, i must say i'm liking the new interior design! Had a sit in the new 3series 120d sport and the 1series 125i Msport and both i felt were very very nice, so much so i'm going to take the wife to have a look, the 1series seems like quite good value but would need speccing up a little to get a few things that are standard on the GTI, like auto lights and wipers which should really be standard these days on a premium car?!

I don't think i could justify a 135i in the same way as an R but the MSport is very tempting!!

Hmmm decisions decisions....... :undecided:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #704 on: 29 May 2012, 16:05 »
dunno how VW can justify the price of the GTI. £30k for an ed35 is mental

new focus ST will be 22k and ford dealers usually want to discount their cars too.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=25762

VW need to get real with the pricing of the mk7 IMO. i like my car but i think they're living on past reputation and customer loyalty. i personally wouldn't buy another one just cos it says GTI on the boot lid so the next one had better be as good as the ompetition
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #705 on: 29 May 2012, 16:10 »

Known also, but without a licence you have no usable car hence in your own words "No usable car = no work/food"

Although you are technically correct in reference to 'me'...the Mk6 is insured for 3 others...so does get used for fetching the shopping (I just have to ride shotgun)

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #706 on: 29 May 2012, 16:11 »
Well I haven't bought a car but my missus just has  :lipsrsealed:

^^ are you zipped because you are keeping a secret or is it not meeting your approval?!

Started this thread
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=232027.0

Be careful - its OUTSIDE the MK6 section  :tongue: :grin: :grin:

Jimmymature

« Reply #707 on: 29 May 2012, 20:07 »

new focus ST will be 22k and ford dealers usually want to discount their cars too.

VW need to get real with the pricing of the mk7 IMO. i like my car but i think they're living on past reputation and customer loyalty. i personally wouldn't buy another one just cos it says GTI on the boot lid so the next one had better be as good as the competition

Spot on with this post mate!

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #708 on: 29 May 2012, 20:22 »

VW need to get real with the pricing of the mk7 IMO. i like my car but i think they're living on past reputation and customer loyalty. i personally wouldn't buy another one just cos it says GTI on the boot lid so the next one had better be as good as the ompetition

The Focus ST3 with Xenons, Leather and Manual Air con will be £25500 and the ED35 is £27500 so not that much between them,

I'd still pay the extra £2k for the Golf.
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Jimmymature

« Reply #709 on: 29 May 2012, 20:30 »

The Focus ST3 with Xenons, Leather and Manual Air con will be £25500 and the ED35 is £27500 so not that much between them,

I'd still pay the extra £2k for the Golf.

I think the better comparison will be when the MK7 comes out. How much with a MK7 with Xenons and leather cost? In excess of £30k in my opinion, then you're £5k out.

Those of you on this forum that think VW is premium enough to charge £30k for Golf GTI I think you need to sit in an Aldi or a Beemer, then go and sit in the new ST when it comes out.

Jim