Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 373117 times)

Offline Will@carbon

• GTI forum regular
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #650 on: 16 May 2012, 23:08 »

To be honest mr ess even with 4x4 a BMW won't move in the snow, just a warning they are all crap in the snow...

But better in the wet ( bar maybe an r32 or r )  and dry...and that's science and you can't argue with science it science!

That thing that golfs do when they wheel spin in first when the shocks bang and crash and bounce is very embarrassing and scary the first time it does it.
I don't believe in global warming, sorry.
How are speed bumps legal?
I dislike lorry drivers who block lanes in traffic.
All burglars must die slowly ASAP.

Jimmymature

« Reply #651 on: 17 May 2012, 09:10 »
Yeah that banging noise is bad, my old A3 did it too and I hated it.

Jim

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #652 on: 17 May 2012, 16:00 »
As a lease deal this is pretty good on a new "SEAT LEON FR+ SUPERCOPA 2.0 TDi 170 5 DOOR"

http://www.smartlease.co.uk/seat-leon-supercopa-fr-car-leasing-special-offer.html

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #653 on: 17 May 2012, 16:39 »
As a lease deal this is pretty good on a new "SEAT LEON FR+ SUPERCOPA 2.0 TDi 170 5 DOOR"

http://www.smartlease.co.uk/seat-leon-supercopa-fr-car-leasing-special-offer.html

Seems very good value motoring  :wink:

Jimmymature

« Reply #654 on: 17 May 2012, 18:23 »
problem with BMW is everything is an extra.

no one will buy a basic price version, by the time you add a few bells and whistles it will be closer to £30k

i got taken out in PDT's demo car 135i coupe and it was quick and stuck like sh!t on a mattress with the bilstein B12 kit fitted.

I've just looked on the BMW website and it states that the M135 comes with Xenon's and leather as standard!!

It's now so appealing I've spoken to my local dealer......

Jim

Offline Will@carbon

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #655 on: 17 May 2012, 19:02 »
Do it jimmy, do it!

Get rid of the run flats and chip the b!tch, they chip to about 360bhp with a lovely straight biturbo power curve. Rear wheel drive go on son do it!

You will have to treat the throttle with respect or it will send you into a delightfull power slide. It's not as "fun" as the gti if that's what you like but way more driver focused and serious. Proper car you'll love it.

Oh and test drive the harmon kardon wireless, it's the bomb in a 3 series.
I don't believe in global warming, sorry.
How are speed bumps legal?
I dislike lorry drivers who block lanes in traffic.
All burglars must die slowly ASAP.

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #656 on: 17 May 2012, 19:10 »
Do it jimmy, do it!

Get rid of the run flats and chip the b!tch, they chip to about 360bhp with a lovely straight biturbo power curve. Rear wheel drive go on son do it!

You will have to treat the throttle with respect or it will send you into a delightfull power slide. It's not as "fun" as the gti if that's what you like but way more driver focused and serious. Proper car you'll love it.

Shame you won't be able to use it when it's snowy, better keep the GTI as a winter car  :laugh:
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #657 on: 17 May 2012, 19:49 »
Do it jimmy, do it!

Shame you won't be able to use it when it's snowy, better keep the GTI as a winter car  :laugh:

depending on where you are, it doesnt snow that much in the UK. Do it and be happy!! cant argue with RWD for fun :wink:

Jimmymature

« Reply #658 on: 17 May 2012, 19:50 »
Do it jimmy, do it!

I can live without the car for a few days of the year, the benefits far outweigh the downside i think.

Jim

Jimmymature

« Reply #659 on: 17 May 2012, 19:52 »
Do it jimmy, do it!

depending on where you are, it doesnt snow that much in the UK. Do it and be happy!! cant argue with RWD for fun :wink:

Yeah altough a few years ago I had an MR2 Turbo without traction control or stability control and lost it round a big round about whilst thinking that I was good at power slides - I was not!!!