Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372542 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #600 on: 20 April 2012, 18:25 »

your going to fit right in on this forum :wink:. a turd with a VW badge on is enough to give many on here a semi.

Going to? i have been here 6 years on & off  :grin: if you have such a problem with VW's why use a VW forum  :rolleyes: :undecided:

I have only ever owned VW's & most likely only ever will, each to their own i suppose  :cool:

I've got no problem at all with vw. i really like my car and enjoy it every time i drive it. i would have no issue buying another vw if they make the right car.

i just find it funny when some people discount any car be it good or bad just cos its not a vw. i think thats pretty sad really.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #601 on: 20 April 2012, 18:46 »
i said a JCW would p!ss all over a GTI which it will. fact. then i was told i was talking nuts even though its in black and white.
And i only said from personal experiance why it did not in my case. :tongue: Too hard, lack of traction, power delivery poor diff all add up to lack of been able to get the power down on real roads which looses many second :wink:. It feels faster but its not much in real life from personal experiance unless on a smooth race track. On alot of back roads round here i also drove it up it simply stotted about and so wheels did not have contact with the road so lost traction, its why type Rs round here have problems too. The JCW is a good car YES but p!ss all over, i disagree ,maybe dribble a little but not p!ss. Fastestlap there figures are only fractions of a second to 125 different. As i said im not biased i dont care either way, i even own 5 non VWs so its not a VW  thing in my case. I would actually like a JCW as our other car (why i drove his a few times) as i like small cars but ive been over ruled sadly. Anyway im repeating things so thats all im saying.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2012, 19:04 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline pottinger

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #602 on: 20 April 2012, 19:10 »

there are faster/better handling cars out there that DONT have vw badges on you know

Yes but this is a VW forum so we are happy to believe we are best  :grin:

your going to fit right in on this forum :wink:. a turd with a VW badge on is enough to give many on here a semi.

Why don't you go get the mini. It would defo suit you  :smiley: and you could get a perm.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2012, 19:12 by pottinger »
2011 5dr GTI, carbon Grey, DSG, and looovin it !

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #603 on: 20 April 2012, 19:26 »

there are faster/better handling cars out there that DONT have vw badges on you know

Yes but this is a VW forum so we are happy to believe we are best  :grin:

Why don't you go get the mini. It would defo suit you  :smiley: and you could get a perm.

good one.

why not change the name of this thread to 'So then, what car VW are you buying next?'

i said a JCW would p!ss all over a GTI which it will. fact. then i was told i was talking nuts even though its in black and white.
And i only said from personal experiance why it did not in my case. :tongue: Too hard, lack of traction, power delivery poor diff all add up to lack of been able to get the power down on real roads which looses many second :wink:. It feels faster but its not much in real life from personal experiance unless on a smooth race track. On alot of back roads round here i also drove it up it simply stotted about and so wheels did not have contact with the road so lost traction, its why type Rs round here have problems too. The JCW is a good car YES but p!ss all over, i disagree ,maybe dribble a little but not p!ss. Fastestlap there figures are only fractions of a second to 125 different. As i said im not biased i dont care either way, i even own 5 non VWs so its not a VW  thing in my case. I would actually like a JCW as our other car (why i drove his a few times) as i like small cars but ive been over ruled sadly. Anyway im repeating things so thats all im saying.

:grin: like that little dribble bit. :grin:

i know what you mean about the damping not being as composed or controlled on the cooper s etc but i never found mine hunting for grip to be honest. the main gripe with the suspension was just its crash ride. i don't think the germans (bmw in particular) realise a car can handle well without having rock hard suspension and slow rebound.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #604 on: 20 April 2012, 19:28 »
a turd with a VW badge on is enough to give many on here a semi.

I laughed a lot  :grin:

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #605 on: 21 April 2012, 21:53 »
Thinking in no particular order
1) Porsche 911 GT2 RS (car dependant on lottery win)  :smiley:
2) Mk7 Golf GTI
3) Mk6 Golf ED35
4) Tiguan 4 Motion
5) E90 BMW 3 Series 330d M Sport
V
V
V
V
V
1,000,000) Mini JCW

Fixed that for you :evil:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #606 on: 21 April 2012, 22:49 »
Drove a Golf R DSG today and was so dissapointed by the amount of power it had! It just confirmed that i will either wait for a mk7 orrrr i might have an Ed35 DSG. I've fallen in love with that box!! XxX
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #607 on: 21 April 2012, 23:01 »
Drove a Golf R DSG today and was so dissapointed by the amount of power it had! It just confirmed that i will either wait for a mk7 orrrr i might have an Ed35 DSG. I've fallen in love with that box!! XxX

Golf R will piss on an Ed35 though,  my mate has a gorgeous red R and that car with DSG packs a mighty punch.

You sure the one you drove was in tip top nick?
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #608 on: 22 April 2012, 10:33 »

Golf R will piss on an Ed35 though, 

As I've said before tho', does it really matter?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #609 on: 22 April 2012, 10:55 »

Golf R will piss on an Ed35 though, 

As I've said before tho', does it really matter?

Exactly! The R i drove was quite a bit quicker than mine but just didn't have that WOW factor i was expecting, not in a straight line anyway although it did feel much more planted in the bends.
I just couldn't justify the extra cost over a GTI or 35 for what you get, when i told the salesman what i thought he agreed saying that the R is good for that day when you want to thrash it and the GTI is good for everything.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂