Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372058 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #580 on: 19 April 2012, 21:58 »
i had a supercharged cooper s and it was a good car. it did follow cambers a lot but thats just what you get with a short wide car with wide tyres.

it had excellent handling, good brakes and gearbox but was let down by interior quality/rattles, harsh ride (run flat tyres are sh!t) and a pretty boring power delivery and shocking fuel consumption. i think the turbocharged version would be more fun and the JCW now has a diff which the cooper s didn't. oh and the TC was so intrusive it was a pain in the wet.

i would have loved a test drive in one but couldn't and decided something slightly more grown up would be better.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #581 on: 19 April 2012, 22:21 »
Love my TDI Rocco but have found myself looking at Rocco R's now, not even had the current one for 2 months yet :lipsrsealed:

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #582 on: 19 April 2012, 22:38 »
Bloke in my street has one with a milltek exhaust and it sounds great with the dsg burp driving by.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #583 on: 19 April 2012, 23:14 »
don the rocco experience (should have bought a 3 door Pirelli), never considered a rocco R as would have always gone for a Golf R or something used

next purchase i'm looking at is a replacement for the sh#tty for the city (currently a 500TA) which is likely to be an Up GT or Abarth 500

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #584 on: 20 April 2012, 07:58 »
My GP murdered my R32 everywhere except snow that's why I kept the mini and sold my silver mk5 R32  :wink:

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #585 on: 20 April 2012, 11:19 »
My daughter has been accepted into Edinburgh university which I am absolutely delighted about. She is taking driving lessons at the moment and if successful we plan to buy her a VW UP!
We are going to have to finance my daughter for the next four years which means cut backs namely the next car.
Will change the GTI towards the end of this year. So do I down size to a POLO GTI or wait and get a run of the mill mark 7 with some options ?

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #586 on: 20 April 2012, 11:28 »
it will p!ss all over a GTI

Don't talk sh1te

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #587 on: 20 April 2012, 11:30 »
We are going to have to finance my daughter for the next four years which means cut backs namely the next car.
Will change the GTI towards the end of this year. So do I down size to a POLO GTI or wait and get a run of the mill mark 7 with some options ?

It sounds like you would be making do by downsizing to a Polo, or a lesser spec Mk7 Golf. Why not just keep the current GTI as it is such a good car. That way you don't have to borrow any more money than is absolutely necessary. There's no shame in "owning" an older car.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #588 on: 20 April 2012, 11:34 »
never considered a rocco R as would have always gone for a Golf R or something used

See i really like the Rocco's having done the Golf thing for over 20 years

Online Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #589 on: 20 April 2012, 12:10 »
i would have loved a test drive in one but couldn't and decided something slightly more grown up would be better.

Should be a few used ones about in BINI dealers for you to test drive. He bought his local after looking at a few.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.