Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372267 times)

Offline Awry

• GTI forum regular
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #560 on: 08 April 2012, 20:43 »
I'm sitting and considering the likely upcoming Mini GP 2. I love how the JCW drive and sound but I'd still prefer the GTI for a daily car and for longer journeys. I'll have to give up some of the all-round abilities of the GTI though so I'm still unsure. Can't have it all but it´s sure fun to look for alternatives. My mum has a Mini Cooper S so maybe I'll just have to make her trade in for the GP so I can borrow it and keep the GTI... :laugh:
Reflex Silver MK6 GTI 3-door DSG, DCC, Sunroof, 18" Detroit, Xenons, LED tail lights, RCD 510, Dynaudio, Media-in, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Winter Pack.

Added Milltek 3" Race exhaust and H&R suspension.

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
« Reply #561 on: 10 April 2012, 00:03 »
I'm sitting and considering the likely upcoming Mini GP 2. I love how the JCW drive and sound but I'd still prefer the GTI for a daily car and for longer journeys. I'll have to give up some of the all-round abilities of the GTI though so I'm still unsure. Can't have it all but it´s sure fun to look for alternatives. My mum has a Mini Cooper S so maybe I'll just have to make her trade in for the GP so I can borrow it and keep the GTI... :laugh:

I'm a MINI fan myself and am also interested in the forthcoming GP 2. Just as you say though I'm not sure I'm ready to give up the all round ability of the GTI.  :undecided:

Offline Awry

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #562 on: 18 April 2012, 15:16 »

I'm a MINI fan myself and am also interested in the forthcoming GP 2. Just as you say though I'm not sure I'm ready to give up the all round ability of the GTI.  :undecided:

I recently test drove a new JCW and it really is so much fun to drive. The steering is sharp with good feedback and the exhaust sounds amazing. Very addictive.  :laugh:

The interior on this new one seemed to be better fitted then my moms 2007 MCS so that's an improvement. It's the end of this models cycle so I guess they have had time to polish it with revisions. Good news for the GP 2. I'm going to go all out on a sporty drive so I'll go ahead and add the rock hard JCW sport suspention and Recaro seats. :)

If I do decide to get one I'll need a second car. This is where the GTI is great. It works as a practical daily car as well. I need at least golf size to fit my RC planes. Maybe a bluemotion....  :sick:
Reflex Silver MK6 GTI 3-door DSG, DCC, Sunroof, 18" Detroit, Xenons, LED tail lights, RCD 510, Dynaudio, Media-in, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Winter Pack.

Added Milltek 3" Race exhaust and H&R suspension.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #563 on: 18 April 2012, 22:46 »
i considered a JCW briefly but non of the MINI dealerships in the north east had or would get a demo

i wasn't going to pay £26000 for a car i couldn't even see let alone drive.

they basically said they wouldn't pay that much for a car just to sit in the show room for the small audience it would attract. they could sell lots of regular cooper S compared o the JCW as the price was much smaller

shame really but I've had mini cooper and cooper S in the past and really enjoyed them

I'm waiting for the BRZ to come along and the new clio sport as i fancy something smaller/lighter than the golf.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #564 on: 19 April 2012, 16:01 »

they basically said they wouldn't pay that much for a car just to sit in the show room for the small audience it would attract. they could sell lots of regular cooper S compared o the JCW as the price was much smaller

If the dealers don't think they're going to sell many new, if anyone does buy one, they'll get kicked in the bolllox when they come to trade it in.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #565 on: 19 April 2012, 17:10 »
i think the main problem is they look almost identical to a cooper s so no one really knows what they are unless you get the unique JCW colour scheme and are a real car bore

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #566 on: 19 April 2012, 17:33 »
Can’t believe some of you would want to be seen in a hair dressers car.  Jeez the mark 7 will be around in less than a year then you’re going to kick yourself for buying a hairdressers car when you are really going to want the mark 7 golf. :cool:

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #567 on: 19 April 2012, 17:39 »
Can’t believe some of you would want to be seen in a hair dressers car.  Jeez the mark 7 will be around in less than a year then you’re going to kick yourself for buying a hairdressers car when you are really going to want the mark 7 golf. :cool:

Not sure the JCW is an hairdressers car ??? :grin:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #568 on: 19 April 2012, 17:54 »

Not sure the JCW is an hairdressers car ??? :grin:

When I see a mini no matter how many horses it has up front I automatically think it’s a hairdressers car. When I see guy’s driving a mini I just think they look ridicules. It’s a woman’s car.
« Last Edit: 19 April 2012, 17:56 by I.D.C. »

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #569 on: 19 April 2012, 19:08 »
it will p!ss all over a GTI