Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 371863 times)

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #500 on: 30 March 2012, 17:11 »
Don't get me wrong the Yeti's are fantastic and have a wakey and cool look about them but for me I still have that nagging snobbery in me regarding Skoda's and I also prefer the styling of the Tiguan's.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #501 on: 30 March 2012, 17:42 »
R-Line Tiguan...... :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Jimmymature

« Reply #502 on: 30 March 2012, 18:13 »
Yeti for the wife I think, she loved the one we looked at last weekend.

Jim

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #503 on: 30 March 2012, 19:14 »
Don't get me wrong the Yeti's are fantastic and have a wakey and cool look about them but for me I still have that nagging snobbery in me regarding Skoda's and I also prefer the styling of the Tiguan's.

I know what you mean. My Mk1 Leon Cupra felt like a backward step after a Mk4 Golf GTI. Although the new car will be replacing an 8 year old V6 TDI Passat, I have got used to the quailty feel of my Mk6 Golf.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Jimmymature

« Reply #504 on: 30 March 2012, 19:49 »

I know what you mean. My Mk1 Leon Cupra felt like a backward step after a Mk4 Golf GTI. Although the new car will be replacing an 8 year old V6 TDI Passat, I have got used to the quailty feel of my Mk6 Golf.

Very similar for me, the wifes 2001 Passat needs to go....

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #505 on: 30 March 2012, 20:10 »

The R line Tig is very nice driven a few them , you be better off buying 140 bhp Tig and mapping it save your self a lot of money  :wink:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #506 on: 30 March 2012, 20:24 »

The R line Tig is very nice driven a few them , you be better off buying 140 bhp Tig and mapping it save your self a lot of money  :wink:

Think I'm going to change mineor a Mclaren MPL in orange

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #507 on: 31 March 2012, 12:42 »
Tig Vs tig

I've just sold Mrs Docs tig R-line as the ride was far too hard for all of us, she's got my GTD untill her new Yeti lands then the GTD is off.

The yeti is the same thing with a different badge, and the spec pound for pound is much higher.

Her yeti is a 140 DSG 4x4 with every extra, sound pack, pan roof, bluetooth, xenons, electric mem leather, auto dimming exterior mirrors, tow pack prep etc (I didn't order nav as I can fit is for around 1/3 the cost and stuck with the 17" wheels) and I paid £25000 for it after haggling a £3000 discount, a similar spec new tig is £34000 and the yeti also has the option of memory seats that you cant have on the tig and is a feature I really like / miss.

Added bonus is that the yeti has just been named joint first as the car with the least depriciation over 3 year / 30000 miles so overall costs should be lower too.

Badge wise VW, skoda etc just doesn't bother me and looking at the reliability stakes the skodas seem much better than VW's but I dont see how this can be?

Thats my 2p's  :wink:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #508 on: 31 March 2012, 17:54 »
Not sure were that skoda is made but if its in the skoda factory then I can believe its better made. They have huge pride in there work in the skoda factorys unlike vw and Audi ones sadly. It's the workforce attitude that's different
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #509 on: 31 March 2012, 20:44 »
Doc,you say that the GTD is off.Have you decided what you are replacing it with?
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.