Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372204 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #410 on: 17 December 2011, 08:24 »
Yeti ordered today  :wink:

What engine?

Surprise surprise it's the 2.0 CR shoot chucker with 4x4 and DSG, I ordered the top spec version with leather, Xenons, memory seats, sound pack, panoramic roof, park sensors etc for 25k  :shocked:

Won't be here for at least 9 months.....

Which one? I have been considering one to tow my caravan with, but I'm now sure that it would be any better than my Passat, as they are not very heavy.

Also after a VW, the Skoda interiors are a bit of a backward step.

Yeti 4x4 DSG 2.0 CR, you can tow 2000kg with it.

IMHO the trim level and finish in the yeti is better than the tiguan R-line it's replacing and is £7000 less than an equivelant tiguan  :wink:

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #411 on: 17 December 2011, 10:07 »
Doc that sounds very good spec and value.
Only thing I found when having a 4 x 4 is the driving enjoyment went straight out the window because of the height 4 x 4 stand.
That's the main reason I bought the GTi to put the fun back into driving down a B-Road with a big grin over my face.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #412 on: 17 December 2011, 10:16 »
Roger that, it's for my family duties, I'll be getting a 123d, mini cooper SD or a golf R to replace the GTD about the same time as the YETI lands :-)

Jimmymature

« Reply #413 on: 17 December 2011, 10:27 »
Roger that, it's for my family duties, I'll be getting a 123d, mini cooper SD or a golf R to replace the GTD about the same time as the YETI lands :-)

Golf R or you should ban yourself from the forums.......

Jim

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #414 on: 17 December 2011, 10:32 »
Good job I don't ban anyone  :grin:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #415 on: 17 December 2011, 11:48 »

My Passat V6 TDI can tow 2000kg as well, but it's not all about pulling capacity. If it's pulling a car on a trailer getting close to 2000kg, all is well, but with a 1400kg caravan, aerodynamics come into play and the caravan starts to try and dictate where the car goes. That's why you need a heavier car to show the caravan or a high sided trailer who's boss.

I would really like a Dicovery, but realistically, until the mortgage is paid off I can't justify that sort of expense.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #416 on: 17 December 2011, 13:29 »

My Passat V6 TDI can tow 2000kg as well, but it's not all about pulling capacity. If it's pulling a car on a trailer getting close to 2000kg, all is well, but with a 1400kg caravan, aerodynamics come into play and the caravan starts to try and dictate where the car goes. That's why you need a heavier car to show the caravan or a high sided trailer who's boss.

I would really like a Dicovery, but realistically, until the mortgage is paid off I can't justify that sort of expense.

On you, I've just sold a nice discovery 3 HSE whicas the 3rd and last I've owned, I did have a disco4 briefly but it just wasn't for me, the running costs just didn't add up for my wife to do 100 miles a week in it, it was a 2009 MY so was just about to come out of warranty meaning I'd have spent £1000 for an extended LR warranty, £500 for a service (one a year regardless of miles) and £500 for road tax etc etc the small VAG 4x4's make much more sense and as we dont have anything to tow what it can tow is largely irrelevant for us but you never know.....

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #417 on: 17 December 2011, 17:34 »

What engine?

Surprise surprise it's the 2.0 CR shoot chucker with 4x4 and DSG, I ordered the top spec version with leather, Xenons, memory seats, sound pack, panoramic roof, park sensors etc for 25k  :shocked:

Won't be here for at least 9 months.....

Which one? I have been considering one to tow my caravan with, but I'm now sure that it would be any better than my Passat, as they are not very heavy.

Also after a VW, the Skoda interiors are a bit of a backward step.

IMHO the trim level and finish in the yeti is better than the tiguan R-line it's replacing and is £7000 less than an equivelant tiguan  :wink:

Get outa here its not better than my Tig  :grin:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #418 on: 17 December 2011, 18:24 »

Not yours mate only the r-line, yours is a superior match  :wink:

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #419 on: 17 December 2011, 21:33 »
Your a lucky man Doc two good cars. The Yeti is cracking family transport and If I was going back to a 4 x 4 It would be the yeti after reading your spec and price. It looks a hell of a bargain