Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 373426 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #390 on: 11 December 2011, 11:44 »
Test driving a skoda yeti on Tuesday btw  :rolleyes:

Offline Ninja

• I live here
  • 19 smiles per gallon
« Reply #391 on: 11 December 2011, 12:23 »
You lot and your money. I got myself in debt for a 2.3K MK4 turbo.

:cry: :cry:
« Last Edit: 11 December 2011, 12:26 by VdubNinja »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #392 on: 11 December 2011, 12:51 »

Don't beat yourself up about that, we've (most of us) been there at points in our lives.
Many, if not most, of the mk6 section regulars are a fair bit older than other members on here. Much of it depends on your disposable income and not all of us have flash jobs and massive incomes; some of us have just saved up gradually over many years, there are a few on here that have inherited a bit of money and spent it on what they enjoy rather than risking the banks losing it for them and a good few from this section have company car allowances so the cars aren't really theirs anyway.

So if you're young, don't have a glittering career but still want fancy smart phones, nice holidays and a social life and are also planning on buying a house and maybe having a family, you're just going to have to be a bit patient!!
You don't want to do it all when you're young anyway or you'll have nothing to look forward to, and whatever you've got - there's always some flash fatherless son round the next corner who's got bigger and better!!!  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 11 December 2011, 12:54 by Exonian »
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ninja

• I live here
  • 19 smiles per gallon
« Reply #393 on: 11 December 2011, 12:56 »

Don't beat yourself up about that, we've (most of us) been there at points in our lives.
Many if not most of the mk6 section regulars are a fair bit older than other members on here. Much of it depends on your disposable income and not all of us have flash jobs and massive incomes; some of us have just saved up gradually over many years, there are a few on here that have inherited a bit of money and spent it on what they enjoy rather than risking the banks losing it for them and a good few from this section have company car allowances so the cars aren't really theirs anyway.

So if you're young, don't have a glittering career but still want fancy smart phones, nice holicays and a social life and are also planning on buying a house and maybe having a family, you're just going to have to be a bit patient!!
You don't want to do it all when you're young anyway or you'll have nothing to look forward to, and whatever you've got - there's always some flash fatherless son round the next corner who's got bigger and better!!!  :laugh:

Yeah, I know. Just with the way things are going - by the time I can afford a MK12 GTI we'll have ran out of fuel!

Meh, next leap is to a MK5 when the 4 is paid off.

One thing that does annoy me though is when I'm driving around in my MK4 - that I've worked bloody hard to get, is when I see some lads 7 years younger than me sat in an Audi S3 with their beanie hats on. It's like, jeesh... You've barely got out of nappies and you're driving that?!

Haha, anyway. Yeah i'm envious of you MK6 guys - but I'll get there!  :smiley:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #394 on: 11 December 2011, 19:55 »
Got to admire your honesty  :wink:

Offline Belix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #395 on: 11 December 2011, 20:25 »
here's hoping it will be a mk7 R...heard somewhere that the R versions would be released a bit earlier in the product life for the 7, but who knows.

Offline Beardo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #396 on: 11 December 2011, 23:05 »
I quite fancy a BRZ/GT86 next assuming i can press the sprogs into the back seats.

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #397 on: 12 December 2011, 00:10 »
Yes they're nice so I would definitely look at one as I just can't see me spending nearly £30k on a Golf. Maybe something older but madder - M3 perhaps as I've said before would fit the bill.

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #398 on: 12 December 2011, 14:23 »
if you want to lose money fast, spend it on cars and women!   :evil:

PS. Loving the festive smileys!
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #399 on: 12 December 2011, 15:05 »
I'm kind of stuck within the VAG group for my next car as I find DSG a must.

Having said that my old man's got a an auto 3 series BMW 330D M Sport which is an all round nice car to drive so I would also consider one of those.

I've got a feeling I will end up with another Mk6 GTI in a year or two as with the state of the economy I don't fancy shelling out on a 30k + on a Mk7.

« Last Edit: 13 December 2011, 20:21 by MAW73 »

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto