Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 373861 times)

Offline stevieC

• Here all the time
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #370 on: 11 November 2011, 16:05 »
I traded in my gt sport170tdi for an 57 plate r32 on tuesday then took it back on wednesday saying i was'nt happy with it.The r32 just did;nt feel that quick & when on the move not much quicker than my gt,it just was'nt worth the extra running costs,& my old remapped mk5 gti would have pi$$ed all over it.oh well at least ive owened one & stick with turbo cars from now on.
Gtd 3dr candy white,charleston shadows

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #371 on: 11 November 2011, 16:16 »
I traded in my gt sport170tdi for an 57 plate r32 on tuesday then took it back on wednesday saying i was'nt happy with it.The r32 just did;nt feel that quick & when on the move not much quicker than my gt,it just was'nt worth the extra running costs,& my old remapped mk5 gti would have pi$$ed all over it.oh well at least ive owened one & stick with turbo cars from now on.

So what's next on the list?

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline stevieC

• Here all the time
« Reply #372 on: 11 November 2011, 16:44 »
Think it could b a white 3door mk6 gti,going 2 see one next week or keep the gt & map it.
Gtd 3dr candy white,charleston shadows

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #373 on: 11 November 2011, 18:04 »
I'd have another MK5 GTI DSG - I love those  :wink:

The closer it gets the more I'm leaning towards a 123d for my next personal work skiff

I am with you Doc. The Skoda would look great with a 123d in tow. I wonder which of these two would be more suitable for Susan B?  :tongue:
« Last Edit: 11 November 2011, 18:07 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #374 on: 11 November 2011, 18:15 »
I'd have another MK5 GTI DSG - I love those  :wink:

The closer it gets the more I'm leaning towards a 123d for my next personal work skiff

I am with you Doc. The Skoda would look great with a 123d in tow. I wonder which of these two would be more suitable for Susan B?  :tongue:

Neither she can't drive.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #375 on: 12 November 2011, 04:49 »
I'm comming to the conclusion that I must just buy another Mk6 when I come to change mine even when the Mk7 is out.

My thoughts behind this are:

a) Couldn't be more happy with the Mk6 GTI, does everything I want it to do, so why not buy another one
b) Not sure I fancy paying 30k plus for a Mk7
c) Should hopefully get a good price for nearly new Mk6 which would leave spare cash for upgrades if required
d) Wouldn't say no to a Mk6 GTD in the future because of rising fuel prices/cost of living etc

Anyone else thinking along these lines.............?

I came to a similar conclusion, maybe just a year or two too soon!! :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #376 on: 14 November 2011, 18:52 »
I'm debating whether to buy an old A6 Allroad to replace my Passat as a stop gap until I have sufficient funds to buy the Discovery that I really want.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #377 on: 23 November 2011, 12:43 »
Have always said a TTRS and at this moment I'm sticking to that, but the Evoque is turning my head.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #378 on: 23 November 2011, 14:22 »
You can hardly call a Golf a sexy looking machine. However you can make it look good.
The new BMW and Ford Focus have new models out yet the older VW Golf still wins the road tests in magazines against newer models. That speaks volumes for the Golf.
I will be sticking to the Golf GTI simply because you know when it comes out it will be the best. The only photos kicking about on the mark 7 have been done by photo shop or heavily disguised test photoes.

What you can be sure of is most of you will be foaming at the mouth for one when it comes out simply because it will be a much better car than the current one.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #379 on: 01 December 2011, 23:41 »
BMW 123d

Skoda Yeti

Golf R

All auto, all very different.....