Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372209 times)

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #290 on: 29 September 2011, 09:17 »
We simply cannot get any decent ones, rline tdi dsg with leather are highly desirable and get sold very quickly that's why the prices are so strong and negotiations marginal.

Can't wait for this sig.

Indeed they are , got big waiting list again on these suppose I better put my order in now  :rolleyes:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #291 on: 29 September 2011, 13:00 »
Can't wait for this sig.

the first one is there - its not subtle  :grin:

Offline jkp

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #292 on: 30 September 2011, 21:53 »
As mentioned earlier in thread was looking at a discovery 4 or VW amarok. popped into localish VW dealer for a look at the Toerag and after a test drive stuck our name down for one. Not chopping in the GTD but the wifes Mk6 Tdi. As we need something bigger for weekends away and at holiday time.

Specc'd up an SE with 20" rims, xenons, towbar, cameras and a couple of others I cannot remember as it's pretty well sorted as standard with rns810(?), dab, leather.....needless to say she is looking forward to it. For the amount of miles I do I cannot see me getting rid of the GTD for a while.
GTD manual, 5dr, reflex silver,

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #293 on: 01 October 2011, 06:51 »
Toerags and Tigbags ... don't these perambulators have a forum of their own? :evil:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #294 on: 01 October 2011, 11:49 »
As mentioned earlier in thread was looking at a discovery 4 or VW amarok. popped into localish VW dealer for a look at the Toerag and after a test drive stuck our name down for one.

So you rate the Toerag over the Discovery 4? I want a more suitable family/tow car next year and had figured a Disco or an XC90 would be the way to go. I considered the Amarok briefly, but thought it would be too agricultural for every day.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline jkp

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #295 on: 01 October 2011, 14:27 »
D4 over a Toerag. In a word, no. Both are so different.

D4 is a more capable off road tool, stunning tow and workhorse which is ideal if that is what you need it for and are willing to pay the premium to get into one.

Toerag is a premium on road 'offroader' if that makes sense. It is capable in the mud as well (but not to D3/4 standards), but like the X5 is designed to be primarily an onroad car.

If I was changing the GTD then I would have a D4, but paying a premium over the Toerag to get a D4 for the wife to get back and forward to work in, did not make sense as the most it will see is an occasional bump up a kerb to park and our winters. It ticks the box of capable all weather motoring, space to get our 'stuff' about and premium feel. A similar spec D4 to the Treg we ordered would be nearly £10k more.  :laugh:

I looked closely at the amarok, but the rear seats are bench like and would not be comfortable for the lad on long journeys. I don't rate the XC90 at all. Driven a few and did not like it. No technical reason, just did not like the drive. 
GTD manual, 5dr, reflex silver,

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #296 on: 02 October 2011, 18:34 »
I'm thinking the XC90 might be a bit too school run. However having had the opportunity to drive a Mk6 GTI in anger yesterday, I'm begining to wonder if there is much point in having a newish tow car when it would only be needed for around 6000 miles a year. For the price of a Newish D4, I could have a resonable D3 and a used GTI, as well as keep my V6 TDI Passat.

Hmmmm, I need to look at widening the drive.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #297 on: 06 October 2011, 22:55 »
Just got the tig for Mrs Doc - it's ace  :wink:

Me next - gotta be a 123d (or an evoque)

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #298 on: 07 October 2011, 03:33 »
Just got the tig for Mrs Doc - it's ace  :wink:

Me next - gotta be a 123d (or an evoque)

Welldone Doc glad she likes the Tig , what do you think of it ? I would get the Evoque saw one today in black very nice car. :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #299 on: 07 October 2011, 11:40 »
The Tiguan is a good practical type of 4x4 transport eminently suitable for budding families. It won't win any beauty contests, but it keeps the faith and for this reason it is very sought after and rightly so.

Regarding the Evoque, I am not too sure. It is styled to excess. Whether this is good or bad is wholly dependent on an individual's taste. I like most of it except for the over squashed roof line which I find mildly irritating, nay ugly. However, its bling effect really appeals to me. Would I buy one? I don't think so, as it is a slow and lumbering thing which promises much by way of looks but disappoints on performance. It needs a re-map from the off. But one can't deny it has novelty value and will probably sell in spades.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP