Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372492 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #210 on: 14 September 2011, 17:42 »
Fully rate the xenons, fully slate your dealer, booo!!!!!

Mine seem brighter than the ones on the new A4's.  Like a lot brighter!

I'd be half tempted to buy a second hand R as they come with xenons thanks to the shortage of GTI/Ds with them but Rs have held up in price too well and I'd be sh!t scared they would suddenly depreciate like mad all of a sudden!!
I may wait and see if VW do a promotion at some point and order a new GTD with a decent discount. Then again maybe I'll just keep this car as it's been faultless and wait and see what the next generation SEAT Leon shapes up like.
« Last Edit: 15 September 2011, 04:41 by Exonian »
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #211 on: 14 September 2011, 17:53 »
Fully rate the xenons, fully slate your dealer, booo!!!!!

Mine seem brighter than the ones on the new A4's.  Like a lot brighter!
Yeah, pretty unproffessional to say the least. I'd write a letter to their dealer principal if I thought it'd even get looked at, trouble is it won't so I won't waste any more time or thought on them.

I'd be half tempted to buy a second hand R as they come with xenons thanks to the shortage of GTI/Ds with them but Rs have held up in price too well and I'd be sh!t scared they would suddenly depreciate like mad all of a sudden!!
I may wait and see if VW do a promotion at some point and order a new GTD with a decent discount. Then again maybe I'll just keep this car as it's been faultless and wait and see what the next generation SEAT Leon shapes up like.

Have you seen the Seat Exo's (aka audi A4). The interior looks pretty good quality wise on the seat's website. If the leon steps interior wise like this I would consider one.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #212 on: 15 September 2011, 04:42 »
A mate of mine has had a few Exeos on loan from SEAT through his work. I've had a good nose around them and they are fantastic value for money when you look at the quality of the car. The only critisism he could find with them was that they weren't quite as much fun to drive as the Leons with the same engines, more set up as a cruiser than a blaster!
They'd make superb company cars if you did a lot of motorway miles.
« Last Edit: 15 September 2011, 04:48 by Exonian »
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #213 on: 15 September 2011, 08:47 »
Those Exeos as we all know are really an Audi, which is a good strategy for Seat I reckon, proven bomb proof reliability / modernized / SEAT branded. Unlike every other SEAT.

61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline squirrelGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #214 on: 15 September 2011, 10:00 »
I quite like the RS3. If fuel prices stay at where they are for now then i'll probably do one more petrol before going to the oil burners.

Or maybe a complete change and go for the New Tiguan and hopefully they'll release an R version again.
Gone GTi | 3dr | Manual | Carbon Grey | Xenons | Monza 18's | RCD 510 |Rear Camera | Winter Pack.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #215 on: 15 September 2011, 10:15 »
I quite like the RS3. If fuel prices stay at where they are for now then i'll probably do one more petrol before going to the oil burners.

Or maybe a complete change and go for the New Tiguan and hopefully they'll release an R version again.

I bought the Tiguan and think its best thing I ever did rather than wait 5yrs for a new GTD , infact it drives better than the GTD due to the 4wd , would I buy another Tig yes I would !! :wink:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #216 on: 15 September 2011, 12:39 »
I looked at a Tig recently, but like most of these crossover vehicles, they're useless at towing anything of any size.

Discovery for me next. I'll just have to wait a bit longer to save some more money.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #217 on: 15 September 2011, 12:41 »
I bought the Tiguan and think its best thing I ever did rather than wait 5yrs for a new GTD , infact it drives better than the GTD due to the 4wd , would I buy another Tig yes I would !! :wink:
Funny that as i find our Audi worse to drive because of the 4wd.  :sad:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #218 on: 15 September 2011, 16:17 »
Those Exeos as we all know are really an Audi, which is a good strategy for Seat I reckon, proven bomb proof reliability / modernized / SEAT branded. Unlike every other SEAT.

Maybe that should be the answer for all future SEATs - re badged and tarted up old model Audis!
It used to work well for Daewoo when they just sold facelifted old Vauxhalls, they only went down the pan when they started selling a broader range of stuff. You used to see those piles of crap everywhere 10 years ago!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #219 on: 15 September 2011, 18:36 »
Or share more like they use to with VW. My Ibiza mk2 was so much like the Polo we had at the time.
The Toledo we had was also just a redone Mk2 Jetta GTI with a mk3 GTI engine.
So basically what we are saying is to more or less go back to what they use to do.  :evil:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.