Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372553 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #150 on: 04 August 2011, 00:00 »
surely if your going to spend 40k + on a car you would get something abit more class not a hair dressers porch  :laugh: i would take my brothers approach and buy a second hand 2010 nissan R35 GTR what a machine! i do have to admit though that porsche looks nice in white  :wink: shame everyone owns them  :sad:

I've always aspired to be a hairdresser, now with this car and a deep orange tan, I'll have achieved the nexus of my social aspirations.  :drool:

I'm getting it in 3.4, flat black and it'll be debadged and have those tacky decals taken off the side. I want it to be as understated and non hair dresser as possible. Besides, the 'Coxster' is the hairdresser car. A Cayman R is a little bit different.

I test drove a GTR Black Edition but it was a bit 'need for speed' and while it's an incredible car, it's not for me.

Nice choice,

GTR's break - a lot, we tune all of Car Planet Racings European cars and they seem to have a constant flow of broken GTRs, the gearbox seems the biggest culprit and UK Nissan dealers seem at a loss about servicing etc

Offline jkp

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #151 on: 04 August 2011, 00:29 »
Car Planet Racing? Are those the guys who have just done a runner a la RC Development style?
GTD manual, 5dr, reflex silver,

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #152 on: 04 August 2011, 06:46 »
They sure are, although what that has to do with GTR's breaking?

Offline herbie911

• Here all the time
« Reply #153 on: 04 August 2011, 08:22 »
I'll try to keep my current Mk6 Golf GTI going as long as possible! The way gti prices is going up at present, it is getting a bit too close to nearly new high end BMW 3 series coupe and Merc C-class coupe. I think the Mk7 gti will easily cost more than £30000-£35000 with option and will depreciate even heavier!

For my sunday drive, I don't think I will ever sell my gen 2 911 c2s. It will be my last Porsche---They depreciate too much. The only sensible purchase is a low mileage second hand F430 to replace my F355 but I think the latter still looks great!

Offline MDSS MK6

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #154 on: 04 August 2011, 08:34 »
I'll try to keep my current Mk6 Golf GTI going as long as possible! The way gti prices is going up at present, it is getting a bit too close to nearly new high end BMW 3 series coupe and Merc C-class coupe. I think the Mk7 gti will easily cost more than £30000-£35000 with option and will depreciate even heavier!

....which is when VW will come to regret that "just a golf" advert :wink:
Cancelled Order
Mk5 R32 instead.....and change too:)

Offline jkp

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #155 on: 04 August 2011, 08:57 »
They sure are, although what that has to do with GTR's breaking?

Absolutely nothing and never suggested it did have anything to do with it.  :smiley:
GTD manual, 5dr, reflex silver,

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #156 on: 04 August 2011, 11:19 »
I'm getting a Jeep Cherokee, but only to use for the winter to save my GTI from all the salt and grit  :sick: [especially the wheels]; he will only come out on dry days once the salt and grit is down  :grin:
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #157 on: 04 August 2011, 20:44 »
I've still really like the audi A1's.... Outside my local audi dealers is one of these A1 Competetion models.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJaZiXxut-M

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #158 on: 04 August 2011, 21:08 »
@Martin: I have seen so many A1s. IMO the shape of the rear is all wrong. It has a weird light looking arse which does not match the butch planted front of the car. The car is neither fish nor foul. Pity. 
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #159 on: 04 August 2011, 22:03 »
@Martin: I have seen so many A1s. IMO the shape of the rear is all wrong. It has a weird light looking arse which does not match the butch planted front of the car. The car is neither fish nor foul. Pity. 

The man with no taste has spoken!! BUY IT!!!  :laugh: