Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372576 times)

Offline DubaiGTI

• Not said much yet
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #140 on: 31 July 2011, 09:39 »
surely if your going to spend 40k + on a car you would get something abit more class not a hair dressers porch  :laugh: i would take my brothers approach and buy a second hand 2010 nissan R35 GTR what a machine! i do have to admit though that porsche looks nice in white  :wink: shame everyone owns them  :sad:

Hairdressers car?  Take it you have never driven one then? 

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #141 on: 31 July 2011, 10:45 »
Talking of hairdressers cars, I'm starting to have feelings for the new new new Beetle.  :drool:
Bit of a mid life crisis coming on I fear.......either that or I'm on the turn.......anyone got John Barrowman's phone number?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Jimmymature

« Reply #142 on: 31 July 2011, 10:50 »
Talking of hairdressers cars, I'm starting to have feelings for the new new new Beetle.  :drool:
Bit of a mid life crisis coming on I fear.......either that or I'm on the turn.......anyone got John Barrowman's phone number?

Talking about mid life crisis, got my eye on this, the wife isnt happy by I'll try and wear her down.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Content/Pages/2010_Motorcycles/bike/forty_eight.html#/model/xl1200x

Jim

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #143 on: 31 July 2011, 10:52 »
A guy I work with is really into his Harleys and has one a bit like that. They all look the same to me having never been a biker, but when I see it parked up ( it's completely in matt black) it looks stylish as fook.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #144 on: 31 July 2011, 11:38 »
Talking about mid life crisis, got my eye on this, the wife isnt happy by I'll try and wear her down.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Content/Pages/2010_Motorcycles/bike/forty_eight.html#/model/xl1200x
Jim

Wolfgang and Harley

RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Jimmymature

« Reply #145 on: 31 July 2011, 11:41 »
Jim

Wolfgang and Harley

That's not yours is it Asker?

Jim

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #146 on: 31 July 2011, 12:02 »
I was considering buying it but the price is quite high. £35,000!

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #147 on: 31 July 2011, 13:49 »
surely if your going to spend 40k + on a car you would get something abit more class not a hair dressers porch  :laugh: i would take my brothers approach and buy a second hand 2010 nissan R35 GTR what a machine! i do have to admit though that porsche looks nice in white  :wink: shame everyone owns them  :sad:

I've always aspired to be a hairdresser, now with this car and a deep orange tan, I'll have achieved the nexus of my social aspirations.  :drool:

I'm getting it in 3.4, flat black and it'll be debadged and have those tacky decals taken off the side. I want it to be as understated and non hair dresser as possible. Besides, the 'Coxster' is the hairdresser car. A Cayman R is a little bit different.

I test drove a GTR Black Edition but it was a bit 'need for speed' and while it's an incredible car, it's not for me.
« Last Edit: 31 July 2011, 13:50 by AGB »
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #148 on: 31 July 2011, 13:51 »
I was considering buying it but the price is quite high. £35,000!

£35k for a motorbike? I've seen some of the exotic sports bike for around £20k-£30k but £35k for a Harley? Can you tell I don't ride?
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #149 on: 31 July 2011, 14:26 »
I ran one of the first Boxters and eventually got fed-up with the cramped conditions in that car. Nice drive though.