Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 372128 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #120 on: 25 July 2011, 20:15 »
MK7 'R' especially if it is the rumoured 5 cylinder engine  or a V8 of some sort as I think I need one before they are banned :smiley:

Probably end up with another GTI  :laugh:

Yeah, while my head is saying gtd type things, my heart keeps muttering on about what great value RS4's are starting to look  :grin:

Until you own one - or two - like me - they are money pits  :lipsrsealed:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #121 on: 25 July 2011, 20:17 »
MK7 'R' especially if it is the rumoured 5 cylinder engine  or a V8 of some sort as I think I need one before they are banned :smiley:

Probably end up with another GTI  :laugh:

Yeah, while my head is saying gtd type things, my heart keeps muttering on about what great value RS4's are starting to look  :grin:

Until you own one - or two - like me - they are money pits  :lipsrsealed:

the thing with RS4's is they look  :cool: they sound  :cool: then you get in one and realise the cabin is the same old crappy interior that has been in A4's for over a century.

... such a shame  :undecided:

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #122 on: 25 July 2011, 20:21 »
Funny you should say that, sat in one a few weeks back and thought, 'nothing special'  :sad:
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #123 on: 25 July 2011, 20:29 »
Funny you should say that, sat in one a few weeks back and thought, 'nothing special'  :sad:

thats exactly what killed it for me. was next to a dark grey one at the lights and the sound and stance of it was great. then after looking at a few on the net... it was exactly the same as a friends old 2.0TDI sline  :undecided:

Jimmymature

« Reply #124 on: 25 July 2011, 20:32 »

thats exactly what killed it for me. was next to a dark grey one at the lights and the sound and stance of it was great. then after looking at a few on the net... it was exactly the same as a friends old 2.0TDI sline  :undecided:

I agree about the RS4, great car but none around with low miles anymore.  The S4 on the other hand looks classy inside makes the RS4 look like the old car that it is....

Jim

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #125 on: 25 July 2011, 20:36 »
agreed!! the new S4's are very subtle and dont shout about it. fantastic V8 engine also (the thinking mans choice)... great value for money at the moment. Not like most audi drivers that walk in to a showroom and just want the latest look at me dick magnet!

Jimmymature

« Reply #126 on: 25 July 2011, 20:41 »
agreed!! the new S4's are very subtle and dont shout about it. fantastic V8 engine also (the thinking mans choice)... great value for money at the moment. Not like most audi drivers that walk in to a showroom and just want the latest look at me dick magnet!

The latest S4 is a V6 mate IIRC, doesnt sound as nice but nice enough....

Jim

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #127 on: 25 July 2011, 20:57 »
Buying a new Polo GTI - touchdown delivery date is circa November, but what year that will be is anyone's guess :laugh:

Already started to hoard modification parts  :grin:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #128 on: 25 July 2011, 20:59 »

The latest S4 is a V6 mate IIRC, doesnt sound as nice but nice enough....

Jim

I stand corrected... it was the earlier ones i was looking at. The new ones do sound nice also though

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #129 on: 25 July 2011, 21:02 »
Buying a new Polo GTI - touchdown delivery date is circa November, but what year that will be is anyone's guess :laugh:

Already started to hoard modification parts  :grin:

Thats great to hear as I found my polo courtesy car to turn in a little nicer than the Golf. Just a shame it was gutless (which i am sure yours will not be!!) and leaked water.

My neighbours mother has a new one and it seems to spend far too long at the dealers!! shame as its a great looking little car !