Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 369899 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #70 on: 18 July 2011, 23:51 »
Been thinking that most of spend half there time on this forum toying with idea of modifying their cars. Mods to 30k + car with the latest and greatest alloys, exhausts, brakes, lights, nav/sound systems, re-maps is an expensive labour of love. Therefore most of us never actually get round to doing half these things in all the time we own the car.

In view of this would it not be better to opt for a nearly new mk6 golf instead of say a new Mk7 and modify it to your hearts content.....?

Your only right  :wink:

I went to town gluing the bits on that I was missing as fast as I could so I could enjoy the car my way ASAP :smiley:

Offline jkp

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #71 on: 19 July 2011, 06:56 »
My next car is looking like a VW Amarok. Going to keep the GTD and use the Amarok as a plaything/carryall/winter car.
GTD manual, 5dr, reflex silver,

Offline MDSS MK6

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #72 on: 19 July 2011, 08:10 »
Been thinking that most of spend half there time on this forum toying with idea of modifying their cars. Mods to 30k + car with the latest and greatest alloys, exhausts, brakes, lights, nav/sound systems, re-maps is an expensive labour of love. Therefore most of us never actually get round to doing half these things in all the time we own the car.

In view of this would it not be better to opt for a nearly new mk6 golf instead of say a new Mk7 and modify it to your hearts content.....?

Your only right  :wink:

I went to town gluing the bits on that I was missing as fast as I could so I could enjoy the car my way ASAP :smiley:

Thats the true spirit of GTI ownership right there!! ....even if the car's actually a GTD:)
Cancelled Order
Mk5 R32 instead.....and change too:)

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #73 on: 19 July 2011, 14:37 »
My next car is looking like a VW Amarok. Going to keep the GTD and use the Amarok as a plaything/carryall/winter car.

Just sat in one of those at the weekend, looked well, couldn't believe how big it was. Looks like my BIL is getting one.
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

VW BUSH

« Reply #74 on: 19 July 2011, 18:42 »
Money no option, Mk6 GTD
In reality, A shagged out Diesel Mk4  :undecided:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #75 on: 19 July 2011, 19:08 »

« Last Edit: 19 July 2011, 19:10 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Jimmymature

« Reply #76 on: 19 July 2011, 19:34 »
How much is that £50k?
 :laugh:

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #77 on: 19 July 2011, 19:43 »

I had considered one of these as the practical car but availability was really bad six months ago. Know if it's still as bad?
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #78 on: 19 July 2011, 20:22 »
I'm not really like the convertible in the pics - might be better in the flesh?

I can't remember if I've posted earlier in this thread ( :undecided:) but I think I'd head back to Audi next - an A5 S-line 3.0 TDi Quattro with a Milltek exhaust and a little chipping - they are awesome. And yes, I know it's still a diesel but I don't care ;)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #79 on: 21 July 2011, 00:07 »
I rather like the thought of a 240 bhp Cleo Williams as a second car. Obviously, I'll spray those hideous Gold wheels Brilliant Silver or Anthracite for greater subtility.  :cool:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP